Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red War 40k Tournament
[Image: FlyerBanner.jpg]

Ladies and Gentlemen

The Red War 40k Tournament has been announced here:

http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.php?tid=864

It will take place on the 1st of July and will be held @ Total Wargamer! 1750pts so get signed up ASAP because places are likely to fill fast and there are only 14spots!

if you have any questions please email us @ redwartournament@live.co.uk

Rob

Doubt i will be participating in this guys, mostly because i havn't (still) gotten anything painted, and because i use too many proxy models (Baron, Heavy weapons etc etc)
(02-06-2012, 10:23 AM)Nick Wrote: Doubt i will be participating in this guys, mostly because i havn't (still) gotten anything painted, and because i use too many proxy models (Baron, Heavy weapons etc etc)

Mate, you don't 'need' anything painted, this is going to be a friendly tournament, as long as you clearly explain what everything is/does I can see no problem. Smile

if i use tyranids i would want a hive tyrant or two but there the old versions (and i belive on smaller bases) is this a problem if so il have to use eldar which are the new models
(02-06-2012, 12:27 PM)sprogmcjob Wrote: if i use tyranids i would want a hive tyrant or two but there the old versions (and i belive on smaller bases) is this a problem if so il have to use eldar which are the new models
Nope, not a problem as long as they come on the bases they are supplied with, I have no problem with that at all. If its the same model(s) I played against a few weeks back, you'll perfectly fine mate.

As a general statement, we don't want to see any modelling for advantage as this is a small friendly tournament.

As we're using pre submission list expect mine and Vinces list to be posted within the next couple of weeks or so. Cool

Then you can count me in i suppose, will get a list sorted this week
(02-06-2012, 12:47 PM)Nick Wrote: Then you can count me in i suppose, will get a list sorted this week

Awesome mate, if you wouldn't mind posting on event page with your full name and an email address, that would be great. Smile and you'll have your spot reserved Smile

http://forum.redwarsoc.com/showthread.php?tid=864

Just a quick one on using proxy's, remember guys 90% of my force is proxy models, i run Corpy guard!
When me and Rob discussed this we wanted to make it as accessible as possible to all members of club, so we agreed that Proxy models and non painted models would be fine.
As long as you clearly state what each model is supposed to be at the start of the tournament and/or when your asked, there is no problem. As long as there are no silly proxies (this ratling is really a dreanought!), its cool.
Remember its supposed to be a fun day and not a super mega win at all cost tournament!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven