Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Games Expo Birmingham 3-5th June 2011
Sadly I've ended up covering shifts at work all weekend and I've had to miss this. I'm not impressed, I've missed this Games Expo and the Magic The Gathering Game Day!
Managed to get an hour and a half in at the expo this morning before son #2 went into meltdown.

Not the easiest of venues if you have a pram or a wheelchair. A rabbit warren of stairs and confusion.

Best bit for me was talking to the guys from earlswood wargamers.

Spent a great afternoon at the expo, could have easily spent longer there - and spent a lot more money than I did!

(05-06-2011, 01:50 PM)Simon Wrote: Best bit for me was talking to the guys from earlswood wargamers.

I had a chat to them as well - great chaps. One of them pointed me in the direction of a new skirmish game (launched at the expo I think) called Bushido, so I'm blaming him for the resulting £45 hole in my wallet Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Have to admit, that Bushido game does look awsome, so that's why I got a starter set for the faction: The Prefecture of Ryu. They are the Samurai-Japanese-Swordhugging maniacs of the Bushido world. Must learn how to paint the Japanese skin, though: looking at the models that they had on display, the skin does look a lot browner than ordinary skin, but I think I've got a vague idea on how to do it.

Also saw the board game 'Zombies Close', which looked quite good. It was apparently a "family game", but, as there was blood on the gaming board, I'm assuming it might have probably maybe have slightly been a little bit more gory than the guy made it out to be. Nonetheless, it still looked like a pretty descent game, for £30. They only made 1000 first editions, apparently so that they can fix all of their spelling mistakes. Was gonna get it (with Mom's permission), but we just couldn't find the time.

I was also gonna get some more WARMACHINE (a Temple Flameguard unit and a Hierophant, to be precise), but we just couldn't find the time to do that, either. I was either gonna get a Hierophant, or the Covenant of Menoth, but I reckon I'll eventually go for the Hierophant, first.

Got myself a Kingmaker figure case, aswell today. The corners have the potential to become slightly creased, but I reckon I'm gonna reinforce it with some strong card, or something (or just be carefull!).

Anyway, really enjoyed today, and I can't wait for the next one.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
I saw the Bushido stand. I think I have some rpg rules called Bushido from the early 80's in the loft. Looks like it's a different game though.

When looking around at clubs before starting the society I looked at earlswood gamers but they meet on Sundays which are a day for visiting the inlaws for us so that ruled them out. They do have occasional saturday all dayers though which would be possible.