Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paladins (Updated)
I've been thinking about how I could improve on the Paladin build I have been running for a month or so now. And here is the updated list:

Draigo - 275
Inquisitor Maleous - Terminator Armour, Hammer, Psycannon, 3 Servo Skulls - 89

10 Paladins - 4 Psycannons (1 master crafted), 3 Halberds (1 master crafted), Banner + Apoth, 2 Hammers, 4 Swords (1 master crafted)

5 Paladins - 2 Psycannons, 2 Halberds, 2 Swords, 1 Hammer

1 Paladin - Hammer

Dreadnought - 2 Autocannons, Psybolt ammo, Searchlight

Dreadnought - 2 Autocannons, Psybolt ammo

1750pts
7 KPs

I've dropped the libby, he's good, but very defensive and I've never felt in all the games I've played he's ever got his pts back, I know shrouding is good, but I can allocate a lot of hits in the large squad to Draigo, I now get FNP on the large paladin squad plus ANOTHER Psycannon from the Inquisitor.

But what do you guys think? Inquisitor and FNP on the large squad better than the libby?

Losing the Libby makes your dreads more vulnerable, but not by much. I hate psycannons so another one is probably good for you. Guess you will have to test it out and see! I'm feeling my Deathwing want revenge at some point....
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(11-04-2012, 10:01 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Losing the Libby makes your dreads more vulnerable, but not by much. I hate psycannons so another one is probably good for you. Guess you will have to test it out and see! I'm feeling my Deathwing want revenge at some point....

I agree about the loss of shrouding, the best power the libby has/had. But his damage output is next to nothing, another psycannon is okay, it will give even if I combat squad 1 squad 3 psycannons (12 shots) which is quite impressive. But I'm glad to get FNP in the squad, this makes them basically immune to small arms fire power.

I’ve got a game with Vince penciled in for next week (17th) but the following week if you’re up for it??

Yep sure, following week sounds good! I will probably try a variation of the list I am thinking of taking to the tournament in may...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari