Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Frequently Asked Questions
Information 
How often does the club meet?
We meet every Tuesday, barring a couple of occasions each year when the centre is closed.  The date of the next meeting is always published on the main web site.

Where does the club meet?
Windmill Community Centre,  Ryegrass Lane, Walkwood, Redditch, B97 5YE. Here's a map.

It looks a lot like this:

What time are the meetings?
The hall is available to us from 6:30pm until 10:30pm, when we all have to go home, basking in glory or cursing bitter defeat.

What's the age range and experience of those attending the club?
We have members ranging in age from 11 right up to "old enough to know better". Anyone is welcome if they have a genuine interest in the hobby, regardless of whether they are old hands or just starting out.

What's it going to cost me?
Your soul for all eternity. Or failing that we'll settle for:

Group Definition Weekly Cost
Children Age 12 or younger £1.00
Juniors Age 13 - 17 £1.50
Students Age 18+ and in full time education £2.00
Adults Age 18+ £3.00
OAP Anyone claiming state pension £2.00

First meeting free. Bargain.

What games can I play?
Anything where you can rustle up another player!  At the club we play a wide variety of games, some more often than others, including but not limited to:
  • Board Games
  • Warhammer 40K
  • Warhammer Fantasy/Age of Sigmar
  • Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit SBG
  • Warmachine
  • Hordes
  • Malifaux
  • Cutlass!
  • Flames of War
  • Napoleonic
  • American Civil War
  • English Civil War
  • Dystopian Wars
  • Bushido
  • Bolt Action
  • SAGA
  • Dropzone / Dropfleet Commander
  • Star Wars X-Wing
We're always open to trying new games. But not Twister, not after last time...*shudder*

Can I arrange specific games in advance?
Yep, there is a RedWarSoc Events forum on here with a thread for each meeting, in which you can request and offer games.

What do I need to bring to each meeting?
Biscuits.  Bring along the miniatures and rulebooks for whatever game you want to play, along with any dice, tape meaures, etc. required. We can usually dig out spares if you've forgotten something. We have various bits of terrain and gaming mats, but feel free to bring along any other bits and pieces you'd like to use.  Tea and coffee are provided, and there's sugar when I remember to bring it.

Can I just roll up to a meeting whenever I want, unannounced like?
Yep, just remember the biscuits. If you don't feel like playing then feel free to just come along and hang out with like-minded folk. Bring a paintstation along and do some painting if you like.

I've never played before, or want to try something new - can someone take me through a game?
Absolutely, we have a fair mix of new and experienced players who will be happy to show you the ropes, and point you in the right direction to get started with a particular gaming system. If you fancy trying a new game before investing in it then we can arrange for someone to lend you some models, take you through a game and then offer you advice on the best way of buying in to it.

But...but...I have more questions!
No worries, just post them below or here.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Updated with latest charging structure and opening hours.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."