Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40k Tournament
Hey guys,

Hey everyone, Rob here to announce the first 40k tournament at the Redditch Wargaming club!

I would like to announce the tournament is likely to take place on the first Saturday of June (2/6/12) (although I’m waiting for the hall to confirm they’re free that weekend)

Obviously this will be a 1 day event with 3 games at 1750pts over the course of the day, kicking off around 9am, each round will last 2 ½ hours, so plenty of time for each game and a lunch.

We’ll be using the standard missions from the rulebook (5th edition).

The all important prizes are TBC

The price for the ticket is yet to be confirmed, but we’re looking at between £10 and £15.

The point of this thread is to gauge the interest and we’re looking for feedback on number of people attending (IE is it viable) and the date (Does it suit most people as it’s a bank holiday weekend).

So if you’re interested please post your name below and any comments you wish to make.

Many thanks

Rob
________

List of interested entrants:

#1 Rob
#2 Chris
#3 Nick
#4 Alan
#5 Vince

Keeping it fairly small for now.

Nice one Rob, I'm interested! need to check the date with the missus and will let you know. If I'm free I can help set up and tidy away. Also willing to make/donate some terrain if you need more of it. Got any idea about the number of entrants?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Once the details are finalised I'll get some posters done, and create a page on the main website for the event (with links to relevant forum threads). We can then look to promote the event via various other forums, and perhaps see if we can drop off some flyers with local hobby stores.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
It might also be worth getting in touch with some stores/suppliers to see if they'd be interested in sponsoring the event by donating prizes in return for publicity on the promotional material, and on the day.
Cheers guys,

@ Chris - I was looking at 10-15 people, nothing too big, but still big enough so people don't have to play each other twice. I've added your name to the list of interested entrants.

@ Stuart - thats great mate, a poster would be awesome, I'll post something on my blog as well. And thanks for the suggestions about sponsorship etc. Smile

I'd be up for this, might be the thing that finally gives me motivation to get stuff painted.
(29-03-2012, 05:53 PM)Nick Wrote: I'd be up for this, might be the thing that finally gives me motivation to get stuff painted.
Cheers mate, added to the list, you've got 2-3 months mate! Smile

ill use my nids Smile they need feeding once in while and its been about 5 years since they were last in a tourny lol
(29-03-2012, 06:05 PM)sprogmcjob Wrote: ill use my nids Smile they need feeding once in while and its been about 5 years since they were last in a tourny lol

Added to the list buddy, those will be some hungry nids!

We also need a catchy name for this event Wink