Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waaagh!
(22-07-2012, 07:12 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: Do people think that it is worth having 3 squads of 9 bikers? They'd each have a Nob with a Bosspole and Power Klaw, so they could not only take out troops with their twin-linked dakkaguns, but also take out armour. Just wondering, as they could be taken as Troop Choices because of Wazdakka Gutsmek's ability. I was just wondering, as they have an automatic 4+ cover save (beacause of the Exhaust Cloud rule) and a 4+ armour save. Then they've got twin-linked assault 3 str. 5 ap 5 guns each. They can also Trubo-boost 24" as normal, so they are very fast and very hard-hitting. Just wondering what people think and how many would be a good number.

Bikes got a 5+ jink save (no effect for the bikers due to 4+ cover anyway) and I10 auto-hitting hammer of wrath attacks on the charge, so they got a boost. I think they'd be awesome! How many points does those three squads set you back? You could back them up with some boyz in trukks/battlewagons with deffrollas and a flyer or two?

40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(22-07-2012, 10:11 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(22-07-2012, 07:12 PM)Luke the Squig Wrote: Do people think that it is worth having 3 squads of 9 bikers? They'd each have a Nob with a Bosspole and Power Klaw, so they could not only take out troops with their twin-linked dakkaguns, but also take out armour. Just wondering, as they could be taken as Troop Choices because of Wazdakka Gutsmek's ability. I was just wondering, as they have an automatic 4+ cover save (beacause of the Exhaust Cloud rule) and a 4+ armour save. Then they've got twin-linked assault 3 str. 5 ap 5 guns each. They can also Trubo-boost 24" as normal, so they are very fast and very hard-hitting. Just wondering what people think and how many would be a good number.

Bikes got a 5+ jink save (no effect for the bikers due to 4+ cover anyway) and I10 auto-hitting hammer of wrath attacks on the charge, so they got a boost. I think they'd be awesome! How many points does those three squads set you back? You could back them up with some boyz in trukks/battlewagons with deffrollas and a flyer or two?

Only 25pts per model. With Wazdakka, he can turbo-boost and still fire his Assault 4 Strength 8 gun beacause of his special rule. 9 Biukers with a Nob, Power Klaw and a Bosspole (Bosspole inflicts a wound (saves are allowed) to reroll a leadership check) is only 265points. In my current list, I've got two squads of Trukk boyz and a squad of shoota battlewagon boyz. In fact, here is my list at the mo:

HQ
Wazdakka Gutsmek – 180pts
180pts

Troops
9 Warbikers – 225pts
Nob – 10pts
Power Klaw – 25pts
Bosspole – 5pts
265pts

9 Warbikers – 225pts
Nob – 10pts
Power Klaw – 25pts
Bosspole – 5pts
265pts

9 Warbikers – 225pts
Nob – 10pts
Power Klaw – 25pts
Bosspole – 5pts
265pts

20 Ork Boyz – 120pts
Shootas – Free
120pts

10 Ork Boyz – 60pts
Nob – 10pts
Power Klaw – 25pts
Bosspole – 5pts
100pts
Trukk – 35pts
35pts

10 Ork Boyz – 60pts
Nob – 10pts
Power Klaw – 25pts
Bosspole – 5pts
100pts
Trukk – 35pts
35pts

Fast Attack
10 Stormboyz – 120pts
Nob – 10pts
Power Klaw – 25pts
155pts

Dakkajet – 110pts
Extra Supa Shoota – 10pts
120pts

Heavy Support
Battlewagon – 90pts
Deff Rolla – 20pts
110pts

Army Total – 1750pts

The bikes are Troops because of Wazdakka's effect.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Well I think that's a really solid list, can't go wrong with lots of boyz!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(23-07-2012, 12:20 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Well I think that's a really solid list, can't go wrong with lots of boyz!

Thanks!

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
(23-07-2012, 11:21 AM)Luke the Squig Wrote:
(22-07-2012, 10:11 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote:

Only 25pts per model. With Wazdakka, he can turbo-boost and still fire his Assault 4 Strength 8 gun beacause of his special rule.

Just be wary that in 6th you take off the closest models first, so you might not always want to fire your gun if it means you kill a couple of models and can't get the charge in!

Looks a good list, should be fun to play against!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
hi luke starting to look great on the army lists but you do need to concentrate on lists for 1000/ deferently 1250 and 1500 games as they are the core for your army and proberly most of the games up the club and more competetive games if you want you use them more. You do get games over 1500 but you are more likey to finish games up the club if they are lower points games and it will get you more expercice with sorter more gritter games. Hope this helps again some good choices for the 2000 and 1750 army lists though.
(23-07-2012, 10:37 PM)smallpoxeldar Wrote: hi luke starting to look great on the army lists but you do need to concentrate on lists for 1000/ deferently 1250 and 1500 games as they are the core for your army and proberly most of the games up the club and more competetive games if you want you use them more. You do get games over 1500 but you are more likey to finish games up the club if they are lower points games and it will get you more expercice with sorter more gritter games. Hope this helps again some good choices for the 2000 and 1750 army lists though.

Thanks! Yeah, I agree that smaller lists will probably be needed too, but I know that the average for games at the club is 1750pts. I will definately make some more lists though, as I think that you're right in saying that smaller games will be common too.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)