Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warhammer 40K tournament
Myself and Stuart had a discussion about hosting a 40k tournament(which i believe Rob brought up) one of weekends at the club?
I was thinking aim for a couple of months (or longer, depending on how we decide to go) time to allow for it to planned, advertise, sell tickets etc and maybe host a warmachine tournament at the same time(if someone wants to sort that side)?
If we got both halls we could host one in each or even see if we could get Total wargamer/Mantic down to Sell bits?
Rather than taking part in the 40k tournament myself, i was thinking taking a back seat to organise the tables, sort out terrain, etc.
Not sure on the cost yet, as we would have to factor in a few things such as Hall rental, maybe a prize, etc
Would anyone be interested in this?
Other suggestions?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Great idea, and kudos to Rob for suggesting it.

Both halls are free most weekends, and I think we can get a rental rate of £11/hour for the large hall, and £8/hour for the small hall.

http://redditch.whub.org.uk/cms/leisure-...entre.aspx

(I moved this to the discussion forum for now, just until we've settled on a date and some more concrete details).
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
No worries, wasn't sure where to put in all honesty!
Another thing that we could maybe see is if Total wargamer was interested in sponsoring by providing the prizes(gift vouchers would be the way here, as they then get business from the tournament winners)? In return we could give them a large area to sell stuff and plaster there name on everything.
Plus it helps a local(ish) gaming store.
Also maybe do a best painted army which we could ask Robey of Precinct omega to judge?
Edit- We would also probably have to do a scenery drive as i think we would struggle to fill out the tables with terrain. I'm more than happy to crank out some terrain again, but could probably do with hand if any volunteers?
Blood bowl Skaven
(15-02-2012, 12:34 PM)manrogue Wrote: Another thing that we could maybe see is if Total wargamer was interested in sponsoring by providing the prizes(gift vouchers would be the way here, as they then get business from the tournament winners)? In return we could give them a large area to sell stuff and plaster there name on everything.
Plus it helps a local(ish) gaming store.

I reckon there's some mileage in that - particularly if we think we can run a Warmahordes tournie alongside, as TW are looking to stock more PP stuff.

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Looking at the figures and depending on getting TW involved, i think £10 a ticket (which is both halls 8hrs @£152) and would require 15 ish people buying tickets to break even, anything above being profitfor the club/other expenses.
Blood bowl Skaven
Vince I have been thing of turning my hand to running a Malifaux tournament later in the year. Poke me next Tuesday, as my recent experiences, think there are some issues you have not considered, and I cannot seem to get my point across when I try in text form.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Lol, No worries, will harass you on tuesday.
The more feedback the better, tournament Vets like yourself Gaz should have some valuable expierance to share, so i'm all ears.
Blood bowl Skaven
Another brain wave, (last one i promise :p) is it worth while doing a younglings division as well ie under 14's?
this would allow the younger players to get involved, without being massacred by the more veteran players. or would that be trying to cram to much in?
Blood bowl Skaven
Hey,

I will be willing help organise/setup the tournament, so yeah, let me know what you want me to do!

I think getting a company in to sponsor this tournament would be a great idea, Total wargamer or battlefoam are probably the best to go for!

A scenery drive would be good, just in general for the club, I don't think we can every have too much! Smile

£10-12 sounds good for the event.

As for the the pts level and number of games, I think something around 1500-1750pts, as it's a points level we play at, with 3 games in a day sounds good, so we're not rushing etc.

I can help run whatever you want/need, I would like to enter the event as a player, but would like to help by being a judge/setter-upper data entry clerk whatever you need on the day, while before I can help with the rules pack etc.. just let me no.

Thanks
That would be much appreciated, was thinking exactly the same as you, 1500-1750 pts 3 two and a half hr games with two 15min intervals. Maybe those of us interested in organising can meet up one night to organise and brain storm?
As i say the more help the better!
Blood bowl Skaven