Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy Gear Blitz
Going to have a good gander through the rules this week i think, it seems more complicated than 40k. I think it looks like a good system though, you have much more control over the outcome of firefights due to the modifier system and the skill in the game seems to be looking for ways to stack up as many bonuses as possible (catch oponents out of cover, using crossfires, flanking attacks etc etc)
Downloaded the rule book myself, not had chance to look at yet though. : (
Looking forward to giving it a go!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
well i think it's going to take a fair few small games before the rules really sink in for me tbh.
The amount of customisation in the different squads is crazy. You can come up with some pretty nasty combos, like airdropping/infiltrating stealth gears, armed with some nasty bazookas. Or recon teams full of laser designators so you can use heavier mechs to blast the living hell out of targets. It seems very easy to go over the top on some selections though, especially if you get tempted by all the fancy toys you get if you upgrade units to veteran status.
Went to put the models together, and noticed that one of them has 2 right legs, so can't be built. Irritating to say the least, will have to get replacements
50% off Heavy Gears stuff at Wayland, thought i'd point it out. Think i might buy a couple of bits for my southern army.
Im very tempted by the northern starter army....nostalgia overload from the old heavy gear cartoon I used to watch =P
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
I have the 2 player starter set already, me and Vince tried it out last year and we both liked it, not played it since. Seems like a good system tbh.
Do you have enough stuff for a quick intro game nick?
other alias-jim
current projects-drop-zone commander(ucm/phr),bolt action(everything)
http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/heavy-gear
For the Angelic Horde!