Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamesday 2012 40k table
Me and Sean want to make a banner too, might be a laugh to enter it Tongue
If only we'd had the club last year, we could have planned a board to match the Space marine game. Could still do it next year, but with the game being a year old don't think it would be as impressive
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

Thats good idea, also was thinking might be worth considering seeing about doing a battle from one of the novels?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Which novels? pretty huge fan of the Horus Heresy books, and i love the Ultramarines novels aswell, would be cool to do a battle from either of those
Was gonna bring that up with you as know you have read a few of the books(only read the first few horus heresy books), so suggestions welcome.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(07-10-2011, 03:43 PM)Nick Wrote: Me and Sean want to make a banner too, might be a laugh to enter it Tongue

That would be a great project, particularly if it was something we could use as a backdrop to our tables at Gloucester and Salute.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
(07-10-2011, 10:00 PM)manrogue Wrote: Was gonna bring that up with you as know you have read a few of the books(only read the first few horus heresy books), so suggestions welcome.

I've only got a far as starting Fulgrim, but the battle on Isstvan III from Galaxy in Flames might be worth considering. If memory serves there are some pretty detailed descriptions of The Choral City in the book.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Yeah thats one of the ones that i was thinking of along with maybe doing the ambush at Istvaan 5 or something from the end of the story thats not in the books yet......like the battle for the Imperial Palace, having the Imperial Fists and Blood Angels holding out against the Traitor forces
well theres some much depth to theme the table to. me personally my favs are the crimson fists getting decimated in numbers vs the orks the ultramarines 1st company getting wiped out by tyranids and tanith first and only (gaunt's ghosts)
but you dont have to use storys they made up since you could make your own scene/battleflied
My favourite board I saw at gamesday was the 'battle for orks teef' a 40k version of the battle at rawkes drift. They had some specially made guardsmen for the British and thousands of orks for the zulu's, really impressive board
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus