Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Ultramarines Movie
I've seen this movie umpteen times and every time it takes my breath away. I think Dad has already mentioned this, but we went to see Sucker Punch a few weeks ago, and if Zack Snyder had directed The Ultramarines Movie, then that would be ace.

Honestly though, you have got to see both of the movies as they are both complete works of art. Pure, breath-taking art.

If you have seen one or the other, then please let me know as I would like to see what you think of them.

Luke the Squig.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Sucker Punch looked great, had a rocking sound track, but storyline wasn't the best.

Ultramarines was a non-starter for me. Nice idea, and I hope Codex carry on and improve, so I was willing to show my support and purchase the DVD, but the "movie" was lacking. Marines are what keep GW afloat, so Codex went down the obvious route, and chose the poster boys of the Astartes. The only problem you have is Marines post heresy are Fight - Sleep - Pray - Fight - Pray - Fight - Sleep - Repeat. Unfortunately with Marines there is very little chance for character development, so to be honest I watched Ultramarines, not really caring what happened next. On the otherhand, if they had gone down the route of the Imperial Guard, they could have shown a degree of character development, emotions and such things. Also why they would send a battle barge with just 10 Space Marines on it, to a planet where you have lost a a full company of marines already is just plain odd. The Ultramarine fleet is not going to be big enough to have a ship for every couple of guys, or running 1000 Marines in a full Chapter, they would need around 100 of those ships. Parking at Macragge would be a nightmare.
Blu-Ray release is on the way: http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/home
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Oh dear. Does it really need a High Def version?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Cleaned up Scabby Pants today, ready to build over the coming week. Have to be honest it shows how much better a mold is for the first castings compared to at the end of it's life. Very little clean up to do. Also found part of my Necromunda Escher gang. The dirty women are currently taking a dip in Dettol.

Started on some Bane Thralls, but the footy got the better of me. Hoping to get some done tomorrow, so if needed there will be less Blu-tac involved.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(15-08-2011, 09:42 PM)Gareth Wrote: Cleaned up Scabby Pants today, ready to build over the coming week. Have to be honest it shows how much better a mold is for the first castings compared to at the end of it's life. Very little clean up to do. Also found part of my Necromunda Escher gang. The dirty women are currently taking a dip in Dettol.

Started on some Bane Thralls, but the footy got the better of me. Hoping to get some done tomorrow, so if needed there will be less Blu-tac involved.

Was that intended for the SoC thread perchance?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
That will be where it went. Thought I had forgot to press post. Still much more entertaining a read, than it was watching the drivel called Ultramarines.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(16-08-2011, 09:30 AM)Gareth Wrote: That will be where it went. Thought I had forgot to press post. Still much more entertaining a read, than it was watching the drivel called Ultramarines.

Saw this linked on Twitter. Thats what you can do with some animation skills, and not much money, unlike the guys at Codex pictures who campaigned several companies for investment, and then hired ***** artists.

Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen