Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infinity Battle Report
I've copied this across from the official Infinity forums:

So, as discussed, I was off to Redditch Wargaming Society last night for a cracking game against forum regular stygmatyr (who appears in the pictures below, so you might like to ask small children to leave the room!).

It was an awesome game. Justin (stygmatyr) corrected me on a few rules misconceptions I had acquired (but only a few) and the game ran incredibly close. The objective was simply to drive the opponent off the board by hook or by crook, something which is surprisingly hard to do, I discovered - I think I'll aim for objective-driven scenarios in future!

We quickly realized that we had managed to leave a major fire corridor down the middle of the board and both sides began manoeuvring to dominate this vital ground. Justin had an advantage in the form of a camouflaged infiltrator (whom I killed rather quickly once he was discovered and so can't remember what it was, but I'm sure he'll be along shortly with his army list) and used his Impetuous Highlanders to close on the centre ground, supporting them with a dog-face and intending to give them cover with a Tankhunter.

Meanwhile, I threw my Kum up the flanks and began throwing smoke down onto that centre ground to cover the advance of my heavy-hitters (well, my Janissary, actually, who was intended to be a bit of a red herring, as he was also a Doctor who was supposed to support a Ghulam sweeping advance). I eventually managed to get my sniper into a prime position, not quickly enough to save my Naffatun from being turned into a fine red mist by the Tankhunter, but fast enough to win the sniper battle and leave the Tankhunter bleeding and unconscious before he could cause any more damage.

I then got distracted by the centre ground and left too many models in support of the sniper. I had three Ghulam on a flank that ultimately contributed nothing while I pushed my Lieutenant up far too far, exposing him to the dog-face who, by this point, had taken a wound from my Kum-with-chain-rifle and reverted to his Saturday-night-dancing clothes.

The LT went down, which didn't bother me too unduly, as I had, by this point, dealt with almost half of Justin's force in pure numbers, and I had the aforementioned Janissary Doctor right beside him to pick him back up... except he managed to roll an 18 for his WIP test, so I fell into LOL. Damn.

Luckily I had two orders left that turn and immediately elected a new Ghulam as LT.

In the mean time, Justin's paramedic made a heroic dash forwards to resuscitate the Tankhunter only to fall to an opportunistic shot from the patient sniper. Despite my LOL, things were still looking pretty good for me. The Ghulam Hacker (why did I have him, exactly?) rolled a crit to kill the dog-face and Justin was below his Retreat threshold. But all was not over. Step forward, man of the match: the Veteran Kazak with HMG, who began laying down a curtain of hot pain upon the battlefield shrugging off a hail of indifferently-accurate fire as the Haqqislam force began to disintegrate.

With the Jannissary Doctor's death (he had been left fatally exposed by attempting to treat the LT), I dropped below my Retreat threshold and quickly suffered my second LOL, but by that point I only had two models left: the sniper and the Ghulam doc. They decided that discretion was the better part of valour and legged it, as I had to go home.

[Image: 273740_sm-Battle%2C%20Infinty%2C%20Report.jpg]

A brilliant and very close game. My force list at 200 points wasn't quite what I would have preferred to have but was made of the minis I could lay my hands on plus one borrowed Ghulam (more HI and an HMG would have been nice). Still, I learned that Kum even in numbers, can be surprisingly handy and their smoke and interventions saved my bacon more than I could count.

ARMY CODE:
Code:
eNozMVQ1VbNQM6wxVTMHk2Zg0gRMGgBJQwhpomYEpIzMwDwjExhlrGYIAOn/Dpo=
Army Infinity v.3.0.

R.
Was an excellent game, and I now have a healthy respect for the kum bikers, looking forward to our next game Smile
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus