Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Fantasy player looking to get back in 2018
Hi there all,

I used to be a Warhammer Fantasy player back when it was 6th and 7th edition and I'm looking at the possibility of getting back into the hobby. I'm aware that people are now playing 'The 9th Age' as the alternative now to Warhammer Fantasy and I was wondering if there were any 9th Age players at the club that would be interested in playing at some point in the near future?

Thanks all.
Hi Phil,

Welcome to the forum Smile

I used to play a few years ago and still have my old High Elf and Goblin armies. Never tried Age of Sigmar as it didn't attract me, and never tried 9th age, but would be interested in giving it a go. Do youa have a link to the 9th age rules anywhere?

EDIT, after a quick search I found this: http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?simple-page/

Chris
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Welcome Phil

Take it this is the community ruleset - I remember hearing about this. 

I also have a High Elf Army and haven't had much interest in AOS. Might be interested in a game sometime in the future.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
More High Elves here (and several other armies) but could be High Elf Civil War!!!

Would be good to have a game of fantasy one day... It is why I joined the club...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
Bloody High Elves! I still have Ogres and Bretonnians. Welcome.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
(29-05-2018, 11:35 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Hi Phil,

Welcome to the forum Smile

I used to play a few years ago and still have my old High Elf and Goblin armies. Never tried Age of Sigmar as it didn't attract me, and never tried 9th age, but would be interested in giving it a go. Do youa have a link to the 9th age rules anywhere?

EDIT, after a quick search I found this: http://www.the-ninth-age.com/index.php?simple-page/

Chris

Thank you for the welcome all. 

Yes, that's the site I was recommended but I was told to specifically look at the beta rule sets as it has become the 'norm' standard when people play, the most current version and what the competitive scene acknowledges. 

After a quick look this seems to be the game format most like the fantasy game that I used to play and its great to see so many people that would be willing to play and revisit the fantasy style game. I play HE and O&G myself. 

Can I just double check - does the club run on Tuesday nights? 

Phil
i have a dwarf army that i'd happily roll out for the 9th age
Simian aka Ben
Interests
40k Death Guard, Nurgle and Space Wolves, Malifaux (Guild, Gremlins & Ressers), In Her Majesties Name (Professor Berengei's Circus), Bolt Action (Big Red One), Dredd (Robots), OGaM, Necromunda (Redemptionists)

Hooting into the Abyss
Hi Phil,

Yes Tuesday nights, 18:45-ish to 23:00.

Cheers
Paul
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(29-05-2018, 09:35 AM)Phil Wrote: Hi there all,

I used to be a Warhammer Fantasy player back when it was 6th and 7th edition and I'm looking at the possibility of getting back into the hobby. I'm aware that people are now playing 'The 9th Age' as the alternative now to Warhammer Fantasy and I was wondering if there were any 9th Age players at the club that would be interested in playing at some point in the near future?

Thanks all.

Welcome Phil! I've never played 9th but enjoyed 8th and have a Khorne Warriors of Chaos army I'd be happy to dust off!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.