Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battletech
Battletech got released the other day on PC and its a dam gd game. Its a turn based strategy game and one needs to take into account the terrain, climate and other factors when going into a battle.

Its an open world game and go to different planets to fulfil contracts you are a mercenary company after all. Mechs are really versatile and can hold many different weapons but the amount is dependant on the tonnage and class of the meach which ranges from light to assault.

I recommend taking a look. Never played the tabletop version of the game but have always loved the lore and world that is battletech. Also who does not like giant walking robots that destroy everything that gets in their way lol.
(30-04-2018, 05:45 PM)Lord Creed Wrote: Battletech got released the other day on PC and its a dam gd game. Its a turn based strategy game and one needs to take into account the terrain, climate and other factors when going into a battle.

Its an open world game and go to different planets to fulfil contracts you are a mercenary company after all. Mechs are really versatile and can hold many different weapons but the amount is dependant on the tonnage and class of the meach which ranges from light to assault.

I recommend taking a look. Never played the tabletop version of the game but have always loved the lore and world that is battletech. Also who does not like giant walking robots that destroy everything that gets in their way lol.

This game looks great! Have you suffered any technical problems with the game? One review I watched on Youtube said there were some graphical issues at times and crashes in the game. Just wondered if you'd experienced this? I'm very tempted!
I've been playing it since it came out, and can't say I've had any bugs or crashes yet (though i have heard about others having had issues). But the game engine does feel very performance hungry for what it is, so I'd double check you can run it before purchase.

It is a lot of fun though.
(04-05-2018, 12:22 AM)Nick Wrote: I've been playing it since it came out, and can't say I've had any bugs or crashes yet (though i have heard about others having had issues). But the game engine does feel very performance hungry for what it is, so I'd double check you can run it before purchase.

It is a lot of fun though.

Might well check it out then. I should be fine to run it (bought a meaty gaming laptop backend of last year) and it looks like good fun. Maybe I'll see if there's a demo or something first to try it out

Cheers
Game is quite resource hungry and I am running a running a I7-8700 with 16GB of RAM and a Navdia 1070 at 1080p so should have no problem playing anything at the moment and I even I saw frame rate drops which I think have been resolved in recent patches for the most part.

Game is very lacking in end game content after you complete the campaign however which they will hopefully resolve as what is the point of freeing up the rest of the map if nothing to do.