Poll: Which date best suits you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Saturday 3rd September
10.00%
1 10.00%
Sunday 4th September
40.00%
4 40.00%
Either day
40.00%
4 40.00%
A different date (Please comment below)
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red War Weekender: The Poll
I'd like to go ahead and set down a date for this event to give you a time frame and after some discussion we'd be looking at;

Saturday September 3rd OR Sunday September 4th

Midday (12am) start going on till 7pm/8pm at the very latest
WarmaHordes League will be making it's opening salvos with the possibility of up to 4 games (Players and time permitting).
Anyone is welcome and other games are encouraged e.g W40k Apocalypse etc.

Things such as pricing, tables, breaks, food, drink etc will be organised closer to the day.

What do you think? Of course this isn't set in stone so feel free to comment, object or applaud Big Grin
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Yep, i'm in. As mentioned before i good for organising the 40k side of things, either an apocalypse battle or some sort of campaign.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(11-08-2011, 06:11 PM)manrogue Wrote: Yep, i'm in. As mentioned before i good for organising the 40k side of things, either an apocalypse battle or some sort of campaign.

I will join in with the 40K battle Big Grin If I get good results for my GCSE's I will be getting some more Orks, so hopefully I will have enough for an apocalypse sized battle.
40k- Orks Infinity- Ariadna (ballard choice) Magic the Gathering
Sean (ME): "I wonder how many nails I can get in this box?"
well im game for some games Smile
should hav tree hippies ready by then (in terms of knowing how to use them) thats hordes circle of orboros
hav a large 40k army to help out apoc battle (either someone can use it or i play it if im not ready/good enough at hordes at that time)
Was thinking about this earlier, but if everything goes well with this whats the feeling of maybe doing a quarterly all day event? Maybe as a redwarsoc activity day, with a bit of advertising around to try grab some new members? It could also be used for mini tournaments and the like for the various systems that are played?
Blood bowl Skaven
I would be interested in doing an apocalypse every now and then
40k- Orks Infinity- Ariadna (ballard choice) Magic the Gathering
Sean (ME): "I wonder how many nails I can get in this box?"
(12-08-2011, 10:04 PM)manrogue Wrote: Was thinking about this earlier, but if everything goes well with this whats the feeling of maybe doing a quarterly all day event? Maybe as a redwarsoc activity day, with a bit of advertising around to try grab some new members? It could also be used for mini tournaments and the like for the various systems that are played?

That is an excellent suggestion! If this event goes down well then we should look at making it a regular tri-monthly event perhaps?

Hoping to get a few more responses to this so we can speak to Simon and nail down the details with the hall owners then on to the war gaming!
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
(13-08-2011, 04:51 PM)Etched Oracle Wrote:
(12-08-2011, 10:04 PM)manrogue Wrote: Was thinking about this earlier, but if everything goes well with this whats the feeling of maybe doing a quarterly all day event? Maybe as a redwarsoc activity day, with a bit of advertising around to try grab some new members? It could also be used for mini tournaments and the like for the various systems that are played?

That is an excellent suggestion! If this event goes down well then we should look at making it a regular tri-monthly event perhaps?

Hoping to get a few more responses to this so we can speak to Simon and nail down the details with the hall owners then on to the war gaming!
Yeah, that was my thinking.Smile
And if you kept the point total low you could probably run a small tournament in the one day i would think, or you could run small campaigns or have it as a league start or ender.
Blood bowl Skaven
Or just get in more games. A longer weekend session, would allow people to play several systems in a day, or several games of one or two systems. I would love to be able to play Malifaux, Warmahordes and then finish with Bushido or a Magic game in a day.
However small steps, I think tbh numbers would need to increase, for more regular hiring of the hall to become viable.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Just starting to look at logistics: both halls at Windmill appear to be available on Saturdays from 12.15pm onwards, or at least have no regular bookings. There doesn't seem to be a schedule for Sunday available, so we might need to check with Nina on Tuesday and see if the hall is available.

To hire the large hall for 8 hours would be around £90, and the small hall would be around £65.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."