Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long time table top player - looking to get into 40k
Hello all,

My name is Roger, I am based in Halesowen about 30 mins north of you. I've been gaming for 35 years now and recently found time to start a 40k army. The new edition got me interested.

I do play other stuff. Board games like axis & allies and 9th age table top fantasy.

Im looking to meet up with some 40k players who like to mix competitive with fun and gentlemanly. The club is about 30 mins south of me so definitely up for that.

I balance my gaming & hobby with being a father to a 2 year old (with another on the way).

Im going (rather unpreparedly) to the battlefield Birmingham 12 tourney in late Oct. Id love some games of 40k to practise. I collect CSM & demons.

Regards

Rog
Hello Rog, and welcome! You’ll have no trouble getting a game, plenty of 40K’ers here. Feel free to pop along one week for a chat and a look round, or go ahead and stick your name down on one of the weekly threads to arrange a game in advance. Look forward to meeting you!
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Hey Rog

Welcome. Plenty of 40k players around these parts - myself included, although I'm yet to play the latest edition.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Hi Rog,

Welcome - I've played a fair few games of 8th Edition, some them even competively, so more than happy to have a game at some point.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
Hi Roger,
You will definitely find a warm welcome and a game of something most weeks.
Big Grin
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill