40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
I am not around this week Sad
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(06-09-2017, 10:15 PM)George Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 09:40 PM)Walters Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 09:02 PM)George Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 08:07 PM)Walters Wrote: Looking for a game of Dropfleet, Saga, Bolt Action or LOTR if anyone is available.

I've just painted up some Russians and would be keen for a game of bolt action if you're interested. I've not played before but have played beyond the gates of antares a few times so have a rough idea of the rules.
Sounds great. I think I have played bolt action 3 times so I have some idea of most of the rules. I have always played against Germans so Russians will be interesting. I have some Germans but only a small proportion are painted - I hope that won't spoil the atmosphere too much!

Excellent. You can hopefully take me through the basics then! Haha no that's fine, they can just be in very good grey camoflage! How many points do you think? Should have the 500 minimum without too much trouble but could probably do 750 if you prefer.

Hello again. I think 750 would probably be OK, but without vehicles as it would probably help focus on the basics?
If that makes it hard for you to reach the points we could play a smaller game and if we finish early replay or swap forces?
I suggest we try scenario 1 - No Man's Land using the 6x4 table with a decent amount of terrain. I have some some bits of woodland and low walls I can bring.
Looking forward to the game - make sure you don't overlook the special rules for soviet armies near the start of the army book.
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
(07-09-2017, 08:53 PM)Walters Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 10:15 PM)George Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 09:40 PM)Walters Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 09:02 PM)George Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 08:07 PM)Walters Wrote: Looking for a game of Dropfleet, Saga, Bolt Action or LOTR if anyone is available.

I've just painted up some Russians and would be keen for a game of bolt action if you're interested. I've not played before but have played beyond the gates of antares a few times so have a rough idea of the rules.
Sounds great. I think I have played bolt action 3 times so I have some idea of most of the rules. I have always played against Germans so Russians will be interesting. I have some Germans but only a small proportion are painted - I hope that won't spoil the atmosphere too much!

Excellent. You can hopefully take me through the basics then! Haha no that's fine, they can just be in very good grey camoflage! How many points do you think? Should have the 500 minimum without too much trouble but could probably do 750 if you prefer.

Hello again. I think 750 would probably be OK, but without vehicles as it would probably help focus on the basics?
If that makes it hard for you to reach the points we could play a smaller game and if we finish early replay or swap forces?
I suggest we try scenario 1 - No Man's Land using the 6x4 table with a decent amount of terrain. I have some some bits of woodland and low walls I can bring.
Looking forward to the game - make sure you don't overlook the special rules for soviet armies near the start of the army book.

Ok I should be able to do 750, just assembling some more this evening to add to the red army horde! But yeah could always have 2 small quick games instead as a backup.
Good plan, i'll have a look through that scenario. I have some hills I'll bring so we should be fairly set between us with what we've got terrain wise.
Yeah, I've had a look at those. Means I get 12 free guys before I even get started on the 750 points!
(07-09-2017, 06:49 AM)Russell Wrote: 40k or Bloodbowl?

Bloodbowl friendly
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(10-09-2017, 03:53 PM)wako1302 Wrote:

Bloodbowl friendly

Sounds good to me - or that shadow wars game
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
(11-09-2017, 02:18 PM)Russell Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 03:53 PM)wako1302 Wrote:

Bloodbowl friendly

Sounds good to me - or that shadow wars game

Let play bloodbowl, do you want to play with a starter team, or the team as it is now from the league.

And discuss the Shadow Wars as I have no idea how to play or what we need to do for the campaign.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Sounds good - League teams sounds good to me - i feel i need a tad of revenge! - as for shadow wars im not sure i can learn a new game ready for tomorrow!
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith
Thanks for the game last night Phil, that was brutal. I think I need to model a Mumak Tusk or something on my Captain now!

I counted up the models as I was putting them away, and you were only 5 models short of breaking me, so it was closer than it looked.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
(13-09-2017, 08:13 AM)LukeR Wrote: Thanks for the game last night Phil, that was brutal. I think I need to model a Mumak Tusk or something on my Captain now!

I counted up the models as I was putting them away, and you were only 5 models short of breaking me, so it was closer than it looked.

Hey Luke, yes it was great! Looking forward to our next game!
LOTR - Good and evil
40K - Tau
Age of Sigmar - Starter set