Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eighth Edition
Having read a lot of rumours I am quite excited by this new edition. I am going to be buying in and was curious what other people were thinking or intending? Rather than being a rumour thread like the other I thought it would be nice to chat about the future of 40k at the club?

Whaddya reckon? You in? Or out?
(31-05-2017, 06:04 PM)Brightblade Wrote: Having read a lot of rumours I am quite excited by this new edition. I am going to be buying in and was curious what other people were thinking or intending? Rather than being a rumour thread like the other I thought it would be nice to chat about the future of 40k at the club?

Whaddya reckon? You in? Or out?

I'll be in - looks exciting to me as well.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
Well, that's a relief. I thought for a while there was no interest in it. I'm going to expand my armies a little with the new toys but am really glad that all the odd units may come back into play!
I'll be playing eighth as well, will probably expand one of my armies with new shinies, if/when they get some!
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(31-05-2017, 06:53 PM)Brightblade Wrote: Well, that's a relief. I thought for a while there was no interest in it. I'm going to expand my armies a little with the new toys but am really glad that all the odd units may come back into play!

I'm very interested and I will be buying the starter set in a couple of months - but will be getting the indexes on launch hopefully. Definitely excited to use some of the odd units making a comeback.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
Dropzone - UCM
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

I'll be playing it too, may even start a new army, Matt P mentioned doing a new tale of x gamers thing with the new edition...
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
yeah i'm interested. hoping that dreadnoughts will be ok to take now, they are the thing that made me love 40k in the first place! If they are reasonable (not even great, just ok) I would love to start a new chapter which is dread heavy (I have plenty of marines wanting a paint job). Also for the tale of x gamers i am thinking of starting a small skitarii force, or a genestealer cult.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(31-05-2017, 10:30 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I'll be playing it too, may even start a new army, Matt P mentioned doing a new tale of x gamers thing with the new edition...

I'd be up for doing a Tale of X Gamers - I've got a load of assorted Imperial Guard which need making/painting and adding to.
Dropzone - UCM
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

I've had a good look at the eldar, marine and Blood Angel info and the rules read fluffy and cool. The game seems a bit more ruthless but it seems fair, as in everything can bring the pain.

Dreadnoughts do read well. Especially the blood angel variants so I will be fielding them. I always tended to anyway because they are cool but they did tend to be one shot ponies. All vehicles look a bit more durable as nothing can get one shotted but then every mini can shoot at what it wants now so...

I don't know. I'm no expert. Tonight I'll look at csm and harlequin rules. Modelling wise for this edition I'm going to build up harlequins, genestealer cults and deathwatch. Maybe start something new? Maybe return to my orkses for giggles! Glad folk are interested.

It does look like fun.
I'm well up for 8th - i've got pretty tired on 7th! more than happy to be part of a tale of x gamers
40k - Orks / SM / Drukhari / AM
Bloodbowl - Dwarves
SBG - Minas Tirith