Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwarf Kings Hold
Fantasy board game from Mantic Games:
http://www.manticgames.com/Fantasy/Dwarf...-Hold.html
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
actually impressed with how easy this was to play and how simple the rules were (though it was a tutorial game so didnt go into all the rules). nice quick games too. Might look into getting some of these for the club maybe
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

I was thinking on the way home, it is a good bridging game. When I first started wargaming, the biggest issue I had, was freedom to move where you want (to a degree.) I was used to board games where you had set squares, to move through, and the fact I could place a unit in various places, pointing in several directions, was an alien concept. Dwark Kings Hold, combined elements if a traditional board game, in movement, and table top Wargames such as facing and combat modifiers. It looks a useful tool to bridge the gap for someone interested in the hobby, rather than bombard a new player with new concepts.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
The game certainly was interesting and if the models were pre-painted or you could play it multiplayer (Perhaps both?) then it would of been an instant purchase.
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Yeah, when I had my game against Simon I noticed that it seemed really simple and easy to play, but, as Justin said, it was a tutorial so I'm not sure how much more to the rules there is to add on. It did seem really quite interesting, though.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)