Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th Edition Rumours
Some rumours that might interest people on pricing, launch date and extras-
posted on Warseer:

Warhammer 40,000: Rulebook, £45 wrote:
There is no time for peace. No respite. No forgiveness.

There is only WAR.

In the nightmare future of the 41st Millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of destruction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens and threatened from within by Warp-spawned entities and heretical plots. Only the strength of the immortal Emperor of Terra stands between humanity and its annihilation, and in his name, countless warriors and agents do battle against the encroaching darkness. Foremost amongst them stand the Space Marines, the ultimate protectors of Mankind.

Across airless moons, within the depths of dark, twisted hive worlds and even in the immaterial realm of Warp space, battles rage that will shape the future of the galaxy forever.
It is a universe that you can enter today, if you dare. But remember that this is a dark and terrible era, and there is no peace amongst the stars...

The Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook is your essential guide to playing atmospheric battles in the 41st Millennium. It helps you field majestic armies of Citadel miniatures across the war-ravaged battlefields of the far-future, in the ultimate contest of strategy and skill.

With 440 full-colour pages, this hardback Rulebook is packed with rich background and contains all the rules for fighting pulse-pounding tabletop battles. The Rulebook includes exciting features such as dynamic close-combat, flyers, psychic devastation and interactive scenery. As well as jaw-dropping artwork, contained within is a history of the 41st Millennium and a richly detailed guide to the races and weapons of the far-future. It also features a comprehensive hobby section to set you on the path to choosing, collecting and building your own Warhammer 40,000 army of Citadel miniatures.

Warhammer 40,000: Psychic Powers, £8 wrote:
One of the many exciting features of Warhammer 40,000 is Psychic devastation, where Psykers wreak havoc on the battlefield. Psychic Powers is the complete set of Psychic cards, which be used in conjunction with Psychic Disciplines. They make a great accessory to your tabletop games.

This set contains 35 large-format cards and come stored in a plastic fan-opening case, which bears the Aquila. There are 7 cards for each Psychic Discipline, each of which is represented by distinct artwork. There is also an instruction leaflet that classifies which powers can be used by the main Psykers in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.

Darnok wrote:
There are also "Munitorum Templates" (£12, designed with a metal effect look), "Munitorum Tape Measure" (£10, looking like a Servoskull) and "Munitorum Dice" (£10, while stocks last).

On advance order on 23th, available from 30th of June
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Excited doesn't even come close to how I'm feeling right now!

I'm just waiting for the Rule book to leak onto the internet, bound to happen any day now.......
Really want to know the rule changes, if that post is anything to go by, looks as if a psychic phase in back in like 2nd edition.
Current popular rumours, quoted straight from dakka as i'm lazy-
6th ed - a few morsels
Random Charges are 2D6 pick the highest (unless going through Difficult Terrain where its 3D6 and you drop the highest.) Move through cover I believe adds an extra D6

Vehicles are WS0 if stationary, and WS1 if they move, no matter how far they go.

Vehicles go the same distance in the movement phase (I believe 6" and fire everything regardless if fast or not) but in the shooting phase can make an extra move (apparently some kept forgetting what vehicles moved to fast to fire...

Vehicles cannot contest (unsure if scoring units in transports can

6 Missions and 3 deployment types (2 of the deployments are the same as current, Spearhead & Pitched Battle.)

Troops are the only ones that can score (including of course 'scoring units')

5+ Cover save for most things including ruins.

Allies rules are in, but its meant to be for team games (ie separate force org chart, distrusted ally rules similar to Fantasy)

Percentages are *not* in

Wound Allocation is closest to furthest.

Dueling is similar to challenges in fantasy but contrary to earlier rumors, they don't replace Combat res, just add to sides. A IC can challenge another IC in the same combat even if not in base to base. If the defending IC refuses, he simply cannot attack that turn, if he does he counts as being in b2b and no one else can hurt him apart from the attacking IC. I'm guessing this is to offset the Wound Allocation rules

Preferred Enemy is including shooting and you may reroll wound rolls of a 1 (either shooting or combat)

Rapid Fire weapons may now can shoot at long range while moving. restriction on assaulting after rapid firing remains.

Jump Infantry get a free strike at I10 when they charge into combat

Psychic Power Decks using a dice system similar to Fantasy.

Flyers are in.

FNP drops to 5+ Save.
And some more that claim to be from the rulebook-
NaCl-usage... AP are on ccw but he says power weapons are ap
2, not 3.
When you charge it's double your move, infantry
move 6, bikes 8 cav 7 etc.
It's move assault then shooting now!
Fnp is 5+. Master crafted ccw give you a 5+ invuln save
When you shoot you roll to hit depending on the
speed of your target. Fast vehicles you always need
a 6.
A unit can't claim a object while inside a vehicle.
There's new kinds of instance death. If your say strengh 8 vs a space marine captain toughness 4
you only do 2 wounds! Strengh (9?) or more would do 3
wounds & kill him.
In kill point missions you get kill points based on
what the units points cost, so for example a
landraider would be worth 5 kill points & a unit of marines 3pts.

Only time will tell if any of these are true, the 5+ save from terrain makes me cry (unless interactive terrain means harder to hit)
Blood bowl Skaven
Nice! My thoughts if this is true:

Necron Destroyers just got better. Flyers just got a lot more survivable (6's to hit) - not sure I believe this one though, perhaps 5's to hit is more likely, blood angels players are going to like the single I10 attack of jump infantry, but not the FNP nerf.

terrain, I think 5+ is better than blanket 4+ but hunkered down infantry should get a boost to 4+ if they didn't move. Wonder if something like this will be in the book. Belial is liking the new instant death rule. Tanks got better - can move and fire everything?

Conflicting reports about charge range will have to wait and see. Not sure what I think about a random charge move. Basic troops got better (can fire while moving from 24") but that means tesla immortals got slightly less attractive. Wound allocation sounds good, will make for some interesting placement - do you put that meltagun at the front where he is more likely to be in range but more likely to die? This may also hurt assaulty horde armies a bit but seems more realistic - who wants to be first 'over the top' when the front rank dies first? I remember a bit from Rogue trader where there was a picture with assault marines coming through the blast door of a spaceship with a caption saying 90% (or something) of the first wave are killed immediately. Might also help the Imperial guard gunline - less likely to get assaulted?? will help alleviate your loss of cover save a bit maybe Vince.

Lastly - I really hope my Dark Angels can get some useful psychic powers, then I can paint my terminator librarian and actually use him!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I can see me pretty much giving up on DE lol. Nerfed cover and FNP saves, how the hell am i suppossed to keep anything alive? lol.......
(12-06-2012, 04:39 PM)Nick Wrote: I can see me pretty much giving up on DE lol. Nerfed cover and FNP saves, how the hell am i suppossed to keep anything alive? lol.......

they've made it hard to hit ALL your tanks

(12-06-2012, 06:36 PM)Embolden Wrote:
(12-06-2012, 04:39 PM)Nick Wrote: I can see me pretty much giving up on DE lol. Nerfed cover and FNP saves, how the hell am i suppossed to keep anything alive? lol.......

Yes, but that is more than offset by the fact that if my assault units leave the transport to assault, after i kill a unit i rely on the FNP and cover save to keep my units alive during the following enemy shooting phase, as T3 and 6+ armour saves are about as bad as it gets. Nerfing both FNP and cover down to 5+ will likely see me drop all assault units, and simply max out on tanks, warriors and Scourges.
(12-06-2012, 11:02 PM)Nick Wrote:

Yes, but that is more than offset by the fact that if my assault units leave the transport to assault, after i kill a unit i rely on the FNP and cover save to keep my units alive during the following enemy shooting phase, as T3 and 6+ armour saves are about as bad as it gets. Nerfing both FNP and cover down to 5+ will likely see me drop all assault units, and simply max out on tanks, warriors and Scourges.

It depends on what they do with consolidation, at the moment I think it's stupid you hack through a unit and then stand there while a unit 2" away blasts you off the table, I hope they go back to 4th ed ways.. then my Harlequins will be back in the game! Big Grin

(13-06-2012, 05:27 AM)Embolden Wrote:
(12-06-2012, 11:02 PM)Nick Wrote:

It depends on what they do with consolidation, at the moment I think it's stupid you hack through a unit and then stand there while a unit 2" away blasts you off the table, I hope they go back to 4th ed ways.. then my Harlequins will be back in the game! Big Grin

Well as long as they do SOMETHING to make assault units more survivable. As it is unless you have a horde, or are in power armour, you will just be shot to bits after an assault, even with a cover save.
Cover of the book leaked?
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/atta...1339896870
Blood bowl Skaven