Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Worcester
Hi
I plan to invite myself to your club on Tuesday. I am a big fan of all things Middle Earth (and Cthulhu), so I have a fair collection of SBG figures. There was a time when my teenage children would humour me with a game every so often but now they longer see the light of day.
Hence I would like to meet some folk to play with and against. I suspect that though I have a reasonable knowledge of rules I have little grasp of the tactics and strategy.

Look forward to meeting you.
Tony.
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
Hi Tony and welcome,

We have quite a bit of Lotr being played at the club at the moment, look forward to meeting you on Tues.

Chris
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Hello Tony, and welcome! As Chris said, LotR has seen a bit of a resurgence lately so you'll have no trouble getting a game. Look forward to meeting you.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Thanks for the welcome last night. It was good watching the beautifully painted Dwarves and the somewhat fearsome Haradrim.
LotR SBG - Isengard, Gondor, Dwarves; Bolt Action US Airborne, German Heer; SAGA - Anglo Danish; Dropfleet Commander - UCM, PHR
Hi Tony! Great to meet you! And again last night as you and Stu beat each other up! Next time I am free i'I'll drop you a line!
(19-10-2016, 08:38 PM)Brightblade Wrote: Hi Tony! Great to meet you! And again last night as you and Stu beat each other up! Next time I am free i'I'll drop you a line!
That would be great.
I have had a look and am afraid I don't have a second Thranduil. A few other elf heroes I have duplicates of but not him. All the best.
(20-10-2016, 09:37 PM)Walters Wrote:
(19-10-2016, 08:38 PM)Brightblade Wrote: Hi Tony! Great to meet you! And again last night as you and Stu beat each other up! Next time I am free i'I'll drop you a line!
That would be great.
I have had a look and am afraid I don't have a second Thranduil. A few other elf heroes I have duplicates of but not him. All the best.

That's not a problem! Thanks for looking! That profile isn't about to be made obsolete anyway to be replaced with the sword master from the hobbit books. Shame. Lol. I'm free on the 29th of November if you fancy a game? I've popped it in the relevant thread!
(07-11-2016, 01:43 PM)Brightblade Wrote:
That would be great.

That's not a problem! Thanks for looking! That profile isn't about to be made obsolete anyway to be replaced with the sword master from the hobbit books. Shame. Lol. I'm free on the 29th of November if you fancy a game? I've popped it in the relevant thread!

Hi Matt.
I'm not sure if you have already arranged a game with Luke? If not I would be happy to have another go with the Easterlings/Khand.
Cheers.
(07-11-2016, 10:19 PM)Walters Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 01:43 PM)Brightblade Wrote:
That would be great.

Hi Matt.
I'm not sure if you have already arranged a game with Luke? If not I would be happy to have another go with the Easterlings/Khand.
Cheers.

Oh. Er. I think I'm playing Luke at 40k. Best to do this in the weekly forum section. I may get pulled into a campaign game. All depends on other responses I guess. Maximise game time!