Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DFC all dayer at Wyvern on 27th November.
Yes I asked last week and he confirmed so now 5 confirmed and Hector possibly. I think the format above of a few small intro type games am just in case some haven't played much from 9am til 11-30ish. Then a larger game from midday til 5. If we keep it to 999pts and skirmish lists then we stand a good chance of getting upto 5 turns in, with upto 6 players. I have got three 4x4 PVC mats and one night time 4.5 x 6.5 ft for the big game.

The format above is not fixed and if everyone would just rather get stuck into the bigger game then all good we will go with the majority. I just wanna have fun rolling some dice, blowing up space ships, and destroying a few cities.Big Grin
Yeah I'll be there, this sounds great Smile
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
I should be finished all my training by the middle of November (I hope...) so I should be fine to go now.
(21-10-2016, 08:53 PM)hectorkmackenzie Wrote: I should be finished all my training by the middle of November (I hope...) so I should be fine to go now.

Awesome! With any luck we'll all have our ships by then too!
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Hector, Great to have you on board for the all dayer, here's the address
Bishampton Village Hall
Broad Lane
Bishampton
Worcestershire
WR10 2LY

It's £5 payable on the day to the club, there's free tea and coffee, but bring your own snacks.

Cheers Ian
Ok, i'm getting a little concerned about how long it may take to get a full turn in with 6 players and 999pts. I'v been thinking of another way to do it and this is what I have come up with.

1. Drop the small games in the AM but have 2 tables with games on one with 2 palyers at 999pts each and the other with 4 players with 750pts each. I'm thinking that as we seem to be getting plenty of games and practice in we may be able to get 2 of each games in and we all get a 4 player game and 4 of us get a 2 player in.

2. Get 2 more players interested and play 2 x 4 player games @ 999pts each again dropping the am game. I think this would be best but may not be possible unless we advertise outside via FB etc for 2 players.

3. Change to 2 x 3 player game. 3 factions fighting it out could be interesting.

4. Leave it as planned and have a great day whether we finish the games or not.

5. Any other suggestions welcome. Smile

Whats everyone's thoughts on this?

Cheers Ian
I know Gareth said he can't make it but there is also Charlotte, Ant and Keith who will probably have got into DfC by then too?
Magic the Gathering

Great everyone's welcome so are you going with option 2 then JJ?
(03-11-2016, 01:29 PM)ians Wrote: Great everyone's welcome so are you going with option 2 then JJ?

Yeah if we can get two more players. My preference would be to just do one big game with all of us for the whole day and doesn't matter if we don't finish, it'll still be fun.

Stick poll up above, see what others vote for?
Magic the Gathering

Personally I would not bother with a 2 player game, cos we can do that at the club. A big battle with everyone would be great. If we have another couple of people then 2 x 4 player battles might be more manageable than 8 in one game. However, depends how it's organised - you could have limit of 4 battle groups using the battle (? Largest) org chart, with each player controlling one battle group. Limit of say 600pts per player if 4 players on a team? Or 800pts each if 3 players per side? That way it's a 2400pt battle either way.

I think limiting battle groups will be key to getting through the game. However, having said all this I am happy going with what majority want, as long as it's fun and relaxed I will be happy (although decimating a few enemy spaceships would also be nice Smile )
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari