Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40K website with good battle reports
http://standwargaming.blogspot.co.uk

Been reading this over the last couple of days. This guy mainly seems to run a white scars army and Ithink he is going to Caledonian in July. He does some fantasticbattle reports and has some tournament ones to see what sort of lists we may face there.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(28-05-2016, 08:57 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: http://standwargaming.blogspot.co.uk

Been reading this over the last couple of days. This guy mainly seems to run a white scars army and Ithink he is going to Caledonian in July. He does some fantasticbattle reports and has some tournament ones to see what sort of lists we may face there.

Its a good read, interesting list. Id also check out war of the roses lists for a glimpse into the meta.

I'm currently conflicted with that I want to run.

(01-06-2016, 07:50 PM)Embolden Wrote:
(28-05-2016, 08:57 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: http://standwargaming.blogspot.co.uk

Its a good read, interesting list. Id also check out war of the roses lists for a glimpse into the meta.

I'm currently conflicted with that I want to run.

Yeah interesting reading Chris thanks. Always nice to see what other people are taking and how they have put their ideas together.

Figured I'd be helpful and provide a link to the wotr lists.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7lqzya5hbcfgd...s.pdf?dl=0

How was war of the roses Rob? Any tips on the meta?
I'm also conflicted on what to take to cally. My head says take flyrants but my heart says do something different from everyone else and take my attempt at a competitive swarm list!
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

Cheers Rob and thanks for the link Will.

I would definitely go with what you enjoy playing Will. If you enjoy a flyrant list then great but if you don't then playing 5 games with it is going to suck.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Tips for the meta....

@ WOTR the top 10 lists:

1st was a Wraithguard star
2nd Neverending Tau gun drops (paranhas move up, deploy 30 drones and move off in each turn.. then turbo onto objectives turn5 with Riptide wing to deal with as well)
3rd Nicks list which is Deathstar grav/invis and triksy
4th Mass Daemon MSU with screamers and fiends, oh and Masque to mess with Deathstars!
5th Flying Nids with summoning imperial guard
6th MSU Eldar with void shield, lots of Jetbikes, Swooping Hawks, Warp Spiders and combat Wraithknight and an Celuxes Assassin.
7th 48 Fenrisian wolves, Azrael for 4++, FnP and 2 libby conclaves for Invis, Prescience, Missfortune and Veil of Time, Oh and the Rune Priest shooting power!
8th MSU Eldar again, Warp Spiders, Jetbikes and a Shooty Wraithknight
9th Eldar with Wraithknight and Riptide Formation
10th Eldar with Wraithknight and Riptide Formation

Not a lot of Celuxes Assassins I thought, if you want to compete the meta is very varied, very few duplicated lists, which is nice to see. Essentially, the lists boil down to and have to deal with Invisible Deathstars, pure MSU and MSU that can mess with a Deathstar (masque/Celuxus) and Flying Nids.

That MSU Eldar list that was 6th looks pretty decent, I thought of something similar in my head too.

The MSU Eldar list that was 8th is sounding along the same lines as mine too which is good.

Also, on a side note, had a game last night with Will. First game using a Wraithknight.... they are completely sickening haha.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.