Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CheZZoR's Caledonian list
What do you think so far? I've not played this list yet (To be honest, I'm still waiting for most of the models to turn up!) so I don't really know how it plays, but I like the look of it on paper so far..

Attached Files Image(s)

40k - Dark Eldar /// Fantasy - Warriors of Chaos
Hey terry,

I think this list will be illegal, as cally are using the new Space Wolves stuff?

Assuming you're talking about the iron priests? They are actually correct and legal, battlescribe just needs updating! The formation is from the champions of fenris supplement.

All of the rules and points costs have been checked against the latest sw codex for clarification.
(12-04-2016, 09:06 AM)CheZZoR Wrote: Assuming you're talking about the iron priests? They are actually correct and legal, battlescribe just needs updating! The formation is from the champions of fenris supplement.

All of the rules and points costs have been checked against the latest sw codex for clarification.

Iron priests are now HQ. So you need Elites. I'm sure Iron Priests are now 75each + 50 for the thunderwolf.

I could be totally wrong but i think... that Champion of Fenris Wolf Detachment is now null and void because of the new Codex?? But I could be totally wrong... so it might be worth checking.

According to the 7th Ed codex iron priests are 55pts and elites. I'll double check that though as I don't have a physical copy to hand..

Are you sure you're not thinking of rune priests?
(12-04-2016, 10:42 AM)CheZZoR Wrote: According to the 7th Ed codex iron priests are 55pts and elites. I'll double check that though as I don't have a physical copy to hand..

Are you sure you're not thinking of rune priests?

In the new codex Iron priests are now HQ 100% - just sent a screen shot on facebook Smile

Curse of the wolfen replaces the SW codex.

What do you think of this new list?

The basic premise would be that the Chaplain, command squad, azrael and the librarius conclave supported by the black knights and the support squadron would stick together acting as one big deathstar, supported by the ravenwing support squadron dishing out 2+ rerollable cover saves and supporting overwatch from all of the assault cannons on the landspeeders should they get charged. The deathstar unit has 9 twin linked, rapid firing plasma talons from the black knights, 4 of which have ignores cover from the 'Hunter's Eye' relic on one of the librarians. 34 Str 5 or higher attacks on the charge without the second unit of black knights, combined that's 46. All toughness 5, 3+/4++, 5+ FNP, 2+ Rerollable jink.

Combined with 3 scoring troops choices + their transports.

Oh yeah, and did I mention 4 librarians? All that psychic loveliness too..

Looks pretty solid to me, comments & criticism welcomed.

Attached Files Image(s)

My final list:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PLAYER: Terry McAllister

ALLIANCE LEVEL: Battle Brothers

TOTAL ARMY POINTS: 1850

PRIMARY DETACHMENT: COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: Codex: Dark Angels

HQ1 : Interrogator Chaplain (50pts) Space Marine Bike (20pts) Mace of Redemption (30pts) [145]  [WARLORD]

Elite1 : Ravenwing Command Squad – 5 Black Knights (200pts) Ravenwing Apothecary (30pts) Ravenwing Company Banner (20pts) [250]

Troop 1 : Scout Squad – 4 Scouts (56pts) Scout Sergeant (14pts) [55pts]

Troop 2 : Tactical Squad – 4 Tactical Marines (56pts) Marine Sergeant (14pts) [70pts] – Transport 1

Troop 3 : Tactical Squad – 4 Tactical Marines (56pts) Marine Sergeant (14pts) [70pts] – Transport 2

FA1: Ravenwing Black Knights – 4 Black Knights (160pts) Huntmaster (40pts) [200pts]

FA2: Rhino [35pts]

Lord of War – Azrael [215pts]

Transport1 : Rhino [35pts]

Transport2 : Rhino [35pts]

TOTAL [1125pts]

FORMATION: (Codex: Space Marines. Librarius Conclave (White Scars chapter tactics)

HQ1 : Librarian (65pts) – Mastery level 2 (25pts) Force Axe (0pts) The Hunter’s Eye (20pts) Space Marine Bike (20pts) [130pts]

HQ2 : Librarian (65pts) – Mastery level 2 (25pts) Force Stave (0pts) Grav Pistol (15pts) Space Marine Bike (20pts) [125pts]

HQ3 : Librarian (65pts) – Mastery level 2 (25pts) Force Axe (0pts) Space Marine Bike (20pts) [110]

HQ4 : Librarian (65pts) – Mastery level 2 (25pts) Force Axe (0pts) Space Marine Bike (20pts) [110]

TOTAL [475pts]

FORMATION: Codex: Dark Angels. Ravenwing Support Squadron

FA1: Ravenwing Darkshroud [80pts]

FA2: Ravenwing Land Speeder (50pts) Assault Cannon (20pts) [70pts]

FA3: Ravenwing Land Speeder (50pts) Assault Cannon (20pts) [70pts]

FA4: Ravenwing Land Speeder (50pts) Assault Cannon (20pts) [70pts]

TOTAL [290pts]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sorry to say this Terry but it looks to me that although the subtotal of your CAD is correct at 1125 some of the unit costs are wrong: Interrogator Chaplain who should come in at 160pts (110pts + 20 for bike + 30 for mace), and scout breakdown is wrong although cost of unit is correct.

Also, it looks like the total cost of the list is 1125+475+290 which comes to 1890 so you are 40pts over

Maybe drop the Fast attack Rhino and downgrade the grav pistol to a combi-weapon?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Hmm, will check this against my codex and battlescribe tonight.. wouldn't be the first time battlescribe is wrong!