Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lukes Cally List - Ideas & Suggestions
(25-06-2016, 12:00 PM)Cookie101 Wrote: looks like the right format to me.

(25-06-2016, 01:22 PM)will Wrote: Yeah looks fine to me as well. Can't see any mistakes.

(25-06-2016, 01:53 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Yeah bang on Luke!

Excellent. I'll be submitting it this evening then.

Now back to painting a ridiculous amount of Bikes!
So, after having enough of playing the Good Guys for a while, I'm shifting my Allegiance to the Dark Gods of Chaos.

Player: Luke Ricketts

TOTAL ARMY POINTS: [1689]

Type of Alliance: Battle Brothers

PRIMARY DETACHMENT: COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT: Codex Chaos Space Marines [452]

HQ1: Sorcerer (60) Mastery Level 3 (50) Spell Familiar (15) Force Sword (0) [125]
HQ2: Sorcerer (60) Mastery Level 3 (50) Spell Familiar (15) Force Sword (0) [125]
Troop 1: Chaos Space Marines (75) 2 additional Marines (26) [101]
Troop 2: Chaos Space Marines (75) 2 additional Marines (26) [101]

SECONDARY DETACHMENT : CULT OF SLAUGHTER: Crimson Slaughter Supplement [387]
HQ1: Dark Apostle (105) VOTLW (0) [105]
Troop1: Chaos Cultists (50) 11 additional Chaos Cultists [94]
Troop2: Chaos Cultists (50) 11 additional Chaos Cultists [94]
Troop3: Chaos Cultists (50) 11 additional Chaos Cultists [94]

TERTIARY DETACHEMENT: RENEGADE KNIGHT DETACHMENT: Renegade Knights Supplement [850]

LOW 1: Renegade Knight (325) Rapid Fire Battle Cannon (50) Reaper Chainsword (0) [375]
LOW 2: Renegade Knight (325) Gatling Cannon (60) Gatling Cannon (60) Storm Spear Rocket Pod (30) [475]

This is my slightly adjusted version of the basic list idea me and Sam were discussing on the way back from Stockport. I've adjusted the unit numbers to represent the armies theme of Nurgle allegiance.

The Knights are both; a big threatening target hopefully distracting the enemy and also taking out Key targets and threatening things.

The Sorcerers will sit embedded in the Chaos Squads in the midfield, hopefully maxing out the 3 Conjuration limit each turn. Though it's a Nurgle themed army, I'll be using a mix of Demons.

The Cultist Formation is there as a big meatshield. As far as I'm aware (haven't got a copy of the supplement yet), the cultists regenerate D6 Cultists each of the players Phase, and get to use the Dark Apostles LD10 so long as they are 10" away. The plan is to either force the opponent to using 1-2 worth of shooting, meaning I might be able to get a Greater Daemon or two up, or if the opponent ignores them, march them into the mass, or in the case of a Death Star, tie them up if possible.

I still have 161 Points left. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Options I'm currently considering are;

Allied Daemons - Herald of Tzeentch and 10 Pink HorrorsWink
2 x Obliterators Smile
HeldrakeBig Grin
Rhinos for the CSM squads Confused
I'd go for the Sorcerer formation if you can find the pts for another cheap HQ and move the Sorcerers into a formation, its so good! that enemies shoot there own units power is amazing!

(25-07-2016, 07:36 PM)Embolden Wrote: I'd go for the Sorcerer formation if you can find the pts for another cheap HQ and move the Sorcerers into a formation, its so good! that enemies shoot there own units power is amazing!

Definitely doable. I could potentially shift the Chaos Marines out, have a Second Allied Detachment with a Super Cheap Chaos Lord. I'd embed the sorcerers in more Cultists instead then.

What's the name of the formation Rob? And what book is it in?
The formation is called Cyclopia Cabal, i'm not sure what book its from

(26-07-2016, 06:58 AM)Embolden Wrote: The formation is called Cyclopia Cabal, i'm not sure what book its from

New Black Legion supplement Smile

Luke: If you're looking to summon daemons reliably, put the Paradox on that herald. The paradox is from the Daemonic Incursion version of the book that came out when Curse of the Wulfen was released. Basically you flip results the other way on a psychic check, so rolling 5 dice on paradox is essentially a guaranteed summon. Although I guess dropping the marines and making way for a Cabal will eat into a few points, but I'm looking to squeeze a herald and paradox into my list too for that reason, so there's some reliability to summoning. And try to squeeze one more horror in there too. 11-15 horrors are ML2 Smile
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55
I've also adapted my White Scars List, in case I decide to go in January as there is no way all these Daemons/Cultists would get painted by

This is in part what similar to what I would have done if I had time to do more painting, but I've also taken a little inspiration from the list Will faced and added Cent Devs + character in a pod. I've opted for a Librarian with Hunter's eye. Drop down, cast Prescince, rerolling to hit and wound with AP 2 and no cover saves Big Grin Should get rid of a dangerous target.

I still have abut 130 points left in this list, so what is the opinion. More Bikes, Culexus, or some Anti-Air?

Player: Luke Ricketts

TOTAL ARMY POINTS: [1718]

Type of Alliance: Battle Brothers

PRIMARY DETACHMENT: SCARBLADE STRIKE FORCE: Angels of Death Codex Supplement, White Scars Chapter Tactics [1293]

Hunting Force
HQ1: Kor’sarro Khan (125) Moondrakken (25) [150] (Warlord)
ELITE1: Command Squad (90) 5 Bikes (35) 4 Grav Guns (60) 4 Storm Shields (40) Apothcary (15) [240]
FA1: Bike Squad (63) 2 additional Bikes (42) 2 Grav Guns (30) [135]
FA2: Bike Squad (63) 2 additional Bikes (42) 2 Grav Guns (30) [135]
FA3: Bike Squad (63) 2 additional Bikes (42) 2 Grav Guns (30) [135]
FA4: Scout Bike Squad (54) 3 Additional Bikes (54) Astartes Grenade Launcher (5) [113]
FA5: Attack Bike Squad (40) 2 additional Attack Bikes (80) 3 Multi-Meltas (30) [150]

STORMBRINGER SQUADRON
Troop1: Scout Sqaud (55) Bolt Pistol & CCW (0) 4 Bolters (0) [55]
FA1: Landspeeder Squadron (45) additional Land Speeder (45) 2 Typhon Missile Launchers (50) [140]
Transport1: Landspeeder Storm (40) Heavy Bolter (0) [40]

SECONDARY DETACHMENT : ALLIED DETACHMENT: Codex Adeptus Astartes, White Scars Chapter Tactics (425)

HQ1: Librarian (65) Force Sword (0) The Hunters Eye (20) [85]
Troop1: Scouts (55) 5 Bolters (0) [55]
HS1: Centurion Devastator Squad (165) 3 Grav Cannons & Grav Amps (75) Omniscope (10) [250]
Transport1: Drop Pod (35) [35]
So, I've started to plan my list for Cally in July. The main criteria being A, it's stuff that's already painted (or mostly painted), and B should be fairly simple to play ie. not too much bookkeeping.

So, first up it's return of the Bikes. I've got three options;

List 1

PRIMARY DETACHMENT: HUNTING FORCE [1150 Points]
HUNTING FORCE
HQ1: Captain (90), Storm Shield (15), Bike (20) [125]
ELITE1: Command Squad (90), 4 x Grav Gun (60), 4 x Storm Shield (40), Apothecary (15), Bikes (35) [240]
TROOP1: Bike Squad (63), 2 x Biker (42), 2 x Grav Gun (30) [135]
TROOP2: Bike Squad (63), 2 x Biker (42), 2 x Grav Gun (30) [135]
TROOP3: Bike Squad (63), 2 x Biker (42), 2 x Grav Gun (30) [135]
TROOP3: Bike Squad (63), 2 x Biker (42), 2 x Grav Gun (20) [125]
FA1: Attack Bike Squad (40), 2 x Attack Bikes (80), 3 x Multi Melta (30) [150]
FA2: Scout Bike Squad (54), 2 x Biker (36), 3 x Grenade Launcher (15) [105]

SECONDARY DETACHMENT: COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT [685 Points]
HQ1: Librarian (65) ‘The Hunters Eye (20) [85]
TROOP1: Scout Squad (55), Landspeeder Storm (40) [90]
TROOP2: Scout Squad (55), [55]
HS1: Centurion Devastator Squad (165), 3x Grav Cannon with Grav Amp (75), Omni Scope (10) [250] Drop Pod [35]

FORT: Vengeance Weapon Battery (75), extra battery (75), 2 x Battlecannon (20) [170]

Only change I'm considering to this one is to drop 10 points somewhere and upgrade the Captain to Khan.

Vegeance Weapon Batteries sit in the backfield to claim objectives, if the opponent wastes time shooting at them then it's less directed at the bikes.

Librarian goes in the pod with the Cents - prescience plus the ignores cover relic should mean whatever it drops next to is deadWink

Only Obsec is the Scouts.

List 2 - Would drop the Combined Arms detachment in it's entirety, add in a Stormbringer Squadron Formation, 1 Landspeeder and 2 Scout Squads in Landspeeder Storms for taking objectives. Would also add in a 375pt Knight of my choice. Also Khan would definitely be in for the Scout move.

List 3 - Would put Bikes in a Huge Combined Arms detachment (giving them obsec) would take the weapon batteries and a Knight, and left over points would be spent on Scouts to hold objectives.

Comments and Critisicm welcome!
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement
So I've had a rethink - I recently picked up the Wrath of Magnus Supplement and really like some of the formations. So I've written a reasonably competitive but also fun list.

PRIMARY DETACHMENT – OMNCISCIENT ORACLES [630 Points]

HQ1: Kairos Fateweaver [300]
HQ2: Lord of Change (230), ML3 (25), 2 x Greater Reward (40), 1 x Lesser Reward (10), “The Impossible Robes (25) [330]

SECONDARY DETACHMENT: HERALDS ANARCHIC [355 Points]
HQ1: Herald of Tzeentch (45), ML2 (25), Disc of Tzeentch (25), Exalted Artefact (30) [125]
HQ2: Herald of Tzeentch (45), ML2 (25), Disc of Tzeentch (25), Exalted Locus of Conjuration (25) [120]
HQ3: Herald of Tzeentch (45), ML2 (25), Disc of Tzeentch (25), Lesser Locus of Metamorphosis (15) [110]

TERTIARY DETACHMENT: COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT [435 Points]
HQ1: Herald of Tzeentch (45), ML2 (25), Exalted Reward (30) [100]
Troop1: Blue Horrors (50), 1 x Extra Horror (5) [55]
Troop2: Blue Horrors (50), 1 x Extra Horror (5) [55]
FA1: Screamers of Tzeentch (75), 6 x Extra Screamer (150), [225]

QUAD DETACHMENT: COMBINED ARMS DETACHMENT [285 points]
HQ1: Chaos Sorcerer (65)
Troop1: Cultist (50)
FA1: Heldrake (170), Bale Flamer (0)

1705 Points

Fateweaver and LOC go flying round the field doing Psychic Shooting Shenanigans, the LoC will also be fairly brutal in Melee with the Staff of Change from the Lesser Reward and all the rerolls from the formation.

Heralds on Discs go in the with the Screamers, Exalted reward is for Grimoire. The locus give Plus 1 Strength to Psychic shooting attacks, and It Will Not Die to the unit. Would hope to roll Cursed Earth with one of them for a 2+ Invunerable Save, rerolling 1s.

The Herald on Foot takes the Paradox, hides in a unit of Horrors in the Backfield spawning more Daemons.

Sorc/Cultist hide on an objective, they are purely there to allow me to take the Heldrake, this gives me another flying target for the enemy to decide between.

Nor sure exactly what I'd want to do with the extra points, more Heralds/MLs perhaps? Or try and squeeze an Anti-tank choice in - if I were to take the Allied detachment as Alpha legion, then I could add a unit of infiltrating chosen with 5 Meltaguns.
Warhammer 40K - Knights of Saret (Space Marines), Cult of the Damned (Chaos/Daemons), 1st ERF (Astra Militarum), Death Guard & The Purge (Chaos/DG/Daemons), House Landsraad (Imperial Knights)
LOTR - Rohan, Mordor, Dwarves, Moria
Mordhiem - The Wild Rose Company (Dwarves)
Bloodbowl - Humans, Orcs, Dwarves, Undead
Guildball - Brewers, Masons
Dropfleet - UCM, Scourge, Shaltari, PHR
Dropzone - UCM
XWing - Rebels, Imperials
Bolt Action - Fallschrimjager
Gates of Antares - Algoryn
SAGA - Vikings, Irish

Currently Working On - Gates of Anatares - Ghar, Warhammer 40K - Death Guard and Necrons

Dismantle Mines, Yes? Or... you die..." - Variks, House of Judgement