Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Now playing...
(14-09-2011, 04:25 PM)Simon Wrote: The problem with threads like these, is that if I come out and declare my love for say Kraftwerk (as an example), then I'm liable to be ritually humiliated, and in some cases rightly so (but obviously not for the K as they are truly legend).

I can totally empathise - my taste in music is very eclectic. Also partial to a spot of Kraftwerk, and Tangerine Dream.

(14-09-2011, 04:25 PM)Simon Wrote: Kerrang! Radio is a primary source, but they do tend to repeat a fair bit, but then again you're not likely to hear the stone roses on radio 1.

I tend to switch between Kerrang! and Radio 4 in the car - but I can't quite work out what's going on with the Kerrang breakfast show at the moment...
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Case in point...

Kerrang! radio, 8.40am, She Bangs the Drums

Si James and Hill, long may they reign 8¬)
(15-09-2011, 12:05 PM)Simon Wrote: Kerrang! radio, 8.40am ... Si James and Hill

By that time in the morning have they started to make any sense?

Nah, probably why by 9am they've given up and its the final hour feast of music.

Any love for the White Lies ?

[Edit]
Noticed that this had already been mentioned in a previous post..another problem with these sort of threads.
[/Edit]
To be fair, I don't make much sense at that time of the morning either. And some might say it doesn't get much better as the day wears on...

Haven't heard much of White Lies, that should give me something to listen to this afternoon on Spotify.
If you're a blink182 fan, look out for the latest stuff, it's very good.

Also..

if you like the Gaslight Anthem, look out for the Horrible Crowes. Same lead singer.
Argh, none of their stuff is on Spotify, so that'll have to be a CD purchase.

Ever listened to any of Tom DeLonge's "Angels & Airwaves" stuff?
(15-09-2011, 02:23 PM)Simon Wrote: if you like the Gaslight Anthem, look out for the Horrible Crowes. Same lead singer.

Aha - heard some of that on Kerrang this morning!

Yes, pretty sure I have "we don't need to whisper" somewhere. Not on the iphone tho, archived off.

I think it came off to make room for my ibiza trance running music 8¬|
(15-09-2011, 02:47 PM)Simon Wrote: I think it came off to make room for my ibiza trance running music 8¬|

I'm glad you mentioned trance first - progressive trance (stuff like Above & Beyond) is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine Blush

Anyone else on here use Last.fm to track their listening habits and generate suggestions for stuff to listen to? Feel free to add me to your profile, although I offer no guarantee on the quality of my playlist: http://www.last.fm/user/voodooflux