Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Now playing...
got a couple of the albums. The first album was great, then it all went a bit crap, now they've come back again

I'm liking Stone Sour, and its great to see incubus coming back with some good stuff after so long away
(12-09-2011, 02:37 PM)Simon Wrote: got a couple of the albums. The first album was great, then it all went a bit crap, now they've come back again

I'm liking Stone Sour, and its great to see incubus coming back with some good stuff after so long away

I'm a huge Incubus fan, but the last couple of albums really haven't done anything for me. It's almost as if they set the bar too high with 'Make Yourself' and 'Morning View'. 'A Crow...' has really grown on me the last few years, Light Grenades hasn't, but I'm hoping the new one will eventually. I love their S.C.I.E.N.C.E era stuff too - they just seem to have lost their energy.
(12-09-2011, 02:37 PM)Simon Wrote: got a couple of the albums. The first album was great, then it all went a bit crap, now they've come back again

I volunteered to take my nephew (and more recently Luke) to see them live, and I was pleasantly surprised - they are a very good live act. The last 2 or 3 albums have been very good, like the Foo Fighters I think they mature with age Smile

(12-09-2011, 02:37 PM)Simon Wrote: I'm liking Stone Sour, and its great to see incubus coming back with some good stuff after so long away

Yeah, I like what I've heard of Stone Sour, and Incubus can be excellent...

(13-09-2011, 09:12 AM)rachtheweevil Wrote: I'm a huge Incubus fan, but the last couple of albums really haven't done anything for me. It's almost as if they set the bar too high with 'Make Yourself' and 'Morning View'. 'A Crow...' has really grown on me the last few years, Light Grenades hasn't, but I'm hoping the new one will eventually. I love their S.C.I.E.N.C.E era stuff too - they just seem to have lost their energy.

...I played the most recent album for the first time this week and it kinda washed over me, but I was working at the time so wasn't really paying attention. Must give it another go.

Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
John Butler Trio - "April Uprising" [spotify]

A great summer album (for when we next have one) with shades of Third Eye Blind.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Managed to steal the stereo at work and got some Stonesour on.
I hate it when your in the mood for something and can't find the album, wanted to put some Wilt on and can't find it on my ipod. Sure i put it on as well. Grrr.
Settled for a funeral for a friend (the earlier good stuff) and inme playlist instead.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
The problem with threads like these, is that if I come out and declare my love for say Kraftwerk (as an example), then I'm liable to be ritually humiliated, and in some cases rightly so (but obviously not for the K as they are truly legend).

Kerrang! Radio is a primary source, but they do tend to repeat a fair bit, but then again you're not likely to hear the stone roses on radio 1.

8¬)

lol, I'm used to being ridiculed as my ipod has everything from rap to jpop to death metal to game soundtracks on it, as soon as anyone has a glance at it they give me grief!
Blood bowl Skaven
there really is no accounting for taste 8¬)
Yep, can literally go from Eminem to Hikaru Utada in a single play list, such is my utter shamelessness!Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
Simon ' Wrote: stone roses

See you can shove your sour and temple pilots, the only word that should follow stone, is roses.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen