Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOTR Campaign results
The Uruk - Hai managed to fend off a superior Rohan force, the Uruks were surrounded in the centre but the Rohan force was caught off guard as the uruk hai moved to isolate the fast-moving cavalry, which they butchered, and then turned on the winded foot troops. Helped massively by an incredible no of fury saves (I resorted to using Luke's dice as i felt bad but still kept rolling 5's and 6's...).
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Elrond carried the day for the elves against Krulguk's Uruk-Hai warband, dispatching an Isengard troll early on followed by an Orc captain and finally facing Krulguk himself. Outnumbered and facing Elrond and an elven captain together, Krulguk fought ferociously but was overcome and brought down by the elven blade of the Lord of Rivendell. The rest of the Uruk hai and warg riders scattered to the wind after the fall of their leader leaving the elves bloodied but unbroken.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
So Will and I had our last game as Gondor attempted to drive the Orcs from it's borders by removing them from Mordor for good. Such vanity. The plains of Gorgoroth are not so easily quieted!

A truly great game. Both sides broken. Heroism and dastardly deeds abound. Faramir fell, transfixed by the Witchking. Captain and Knight slaying Orc after Orc as the weight of numbers began to tell and the flower of Gondor's nobility was laid low around them. Until at the end only a handful were left, the witch king looming over them on his vile winged beast.

It was such a great game and because we ran out of time we decided to call it a draw. Gondor was just ahead on points but it was too close to call without playing it out.

Gondor retreats through the Morgul Vale back to the fair lands of a Ithilien. There is a foul power alive in Mordor once more, a shadow of a greater evil? Surely a question for the Istari to answer!

Firinir (my Faramir) was wounded! Rolling 4 - misses next game.
My Knight, Aradir gained +1 courage.
My Captain, Herion gained +1 strength (the hero of the campaign for Gondor!)

Absolutely brilliant game, Will, brilliant. A fitting end!
(07-12-2016, 12:26 PM)Brightblade Wrote: So Will and I had our last game as Gondor attempted to drive the Orcs from it's borders by removing them from Mordor for good. Such vanity. The plains of Gorgoroth are not so easily quieted!

A truly great game. Both sides broken. Heroism and dastardly deeds abound. Faramir fell, transfixed by the Witchking. Captain and Knight slaying Orc after Orc as the weight of numbers began to tell and the flower of Gondor's nobility was laid low around them. Until at the end only a handful were left, the witch king looming over them on his vile winged beast.

It was such a great game and because we ran out of time we decided to call it a draw. Gondor was just ahead on points but it was too close to call without playing it out.

Gondor retreats through the Morgul Vale back to the fair lands of a Ithilien. There is a foul power alive in Mordor once more, a shadow of a greater evil? Surely a question for the Istari to answer!

Sounds epic!
Luke and I fought our last battle at the Black Gates. It was a great game, very enjoyable, thanks Luke.

A key battle in which important objectives had to be taken. The Easterlings quickly took two perimeter objectives pushing all its force to take a strong hold of the centre, leaving only 3 men and a certain wraith on his Fel beast to deter the Rohan Cavalry on the flank.

Rohan seemed to be taking heavy casualties, the Easterlings getting off light... that is until the Rohan General made a truly Heroic charge into the grand melee, he destroyed the flank and continued into the main force, the easts taking 5 or 6 casualties with nothing returned. Even strongly spun spells from the wraith could not penetrate this man.

Alas as the next moment passed he found himself surrounded by Easterlings, no escape, it appeared he had lost the fight, but with one last gasp of might he parried the blow, it was now with the will of the gods and miraculously when all appeared lost he won the fight, killed more foes and remained on his horse.

However... he failed to kill Captain Boshi. Boshi's few remaining men were able to take hold the general's closest men at bay so that it came down to Boshi and one pikeman v the general.

The valiant generals luck ran out, with his two mighty blows Boshi slew the Rohirim leader. Mooo-wa-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaa!!!!

It was close, but rohan was now broken, their leader dead, Khamul's beast picking up horses and men and hurling them back through their ranks...

We called time at this point. Probably the Easterlings would also have broken on the next turn, but having slain the Rohirim leader the victory (points) were +4 to the Easterlings and the balance looked as though Rhun would continue on and take the day.

A very close and Heroic game. Excellent stuff. I look forward to a rematch...

Boshi I rolled a 3 he gains +1 fight.
Coshi I rolled a 5+1 = +1 fate.

Luke needs to roll for his fallen general.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(07-12-2016, 01:07 PM)Agincourt Wrote: Luke and I fought our last battle at the Black Gates. It was a great game, very enjoyable, thanks Luke.

A key battle in which important objectives had to be taken. The Easterlings quickly took two perimeter objectives pushing all its force to take a strong hold of the centre, leaving only 3 men and a certain wraith on his Fel beast to deter the Rohan Cavalry on the flank.

Rohan seemed to be taking heavy casualties, the Easterlings getting off light... that is until the Rohan General made a truly Heroic charge into the grand melee, he destroyed the flank and continued into the main force, the easts taking 5 or 6 casualties with nothing returned. Even strongly spun spells from the wraith could not penetrate this man.

Alas as the next moment passed he found himself surrounded by Easterlings, no escape, it appeared he had lost the fight, but with one last gasp of might he parried the blow, it was now with the will of the gods and miraculously when all appeared lost he won the fight, killed more foes and remained on his horse.

However... he failed to kill Captain Boshi. Boshi's few remaining men were able to take hold the general's closest men at bay so that it came down to Boshi and one pikeman v the general.

The valiant generals luck ran out, with his two mighty blows Boshi slew the Rohirim leader. Mooo-wa-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaa!!!!

It was close, but rohan was now broken, their leader dead, Khamul's beast picking up horses and men and hurling them back through their ranks...

We called time at this point. Probably the Easterlings would also have broken on the next turn, but having slain the Rohirim leader the victory (points) were +4 to the Easterlings and the balance looked as though Rhun would continue on and take the day.

A very close and Heroic game. Excellent stuff. I look forward to a rematch...

Boshi I rolled a 3 he gains +1 fight.
Coshi I rolled a 5+1 = +1 fate.

Luke needs to roll for his fallen general.

It was a great game!

If we had carried on, I think you definitely would have won as the Nazgul could have easily knocked me off the objectives I held, but been broken.

One thing I wondered afterwards was were you using the Upgraded Profiles for your Captains with what they rolled previously?
(07-12-2016, 12:26 PM)Brightblade Wrote: So Will and I had our last game as Gondor attempted to drive the Orcs from it's borders by removing them from Mordor for good. Such vanity. The plains of Gorgoroth are not so easily quieted!

Yeah it was amazing. Thanks for a fun game, Full of daring deeds and nefarious magic. First time I've used a fell beast and the witch king, he is truly a force to be reckoned with, just killing man after man. A lot of brave gondorians sold their lives to keep him at bay (for a while Smile )

Very few orcs survived at the end, one orc captain foolishly decided to challenge Herion and played for his foolishness while the other orc captain held the right flank killing many men but his successes lead to his downfall as he where isolated and pulled down by weight of numbers. The shaman must have realized he was in for a severe talking to from the witch king after failing to cast his magic so became the hero I needed and got stuck in killing a fair few men and using his leadership abilities to hold what was left of the horde together while the witch king was off feeding men to his fellbeast. Big Grin

I have no idea how it would have ended, seemed to swing from one side to another every turn, possibly we would have just wiped each other out it definitely felt like it was going that way. Truly epic!

The witch king will hold and rebuild his shattered force. While the orc force in dol guldur will assemble a small strike force for the coming battle next week. Smile
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(07-12-2016, 01:14 PM)LukeR Wrote: One thing I wondered afterwards was were you using the Upgraded Profiles for your Captains with what they rolled previously?

I was....
Boshi had +1 Courage (didn't come into play)
Coshi was a noob...

Aoshi who had some extra stats sadly died in the last battle...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(23-11-2016, 08:54 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Elrond carried the day for the elves against Krulguk's Uruk-Hai warband, dispatching an Isengard troll early on followed by an Orc captain and finally facing Krulguk himself. Outnumbered and facing Elrond and an elven captain together, Krulguk fought ferociously but was overcome and brought down by the elven blade of the Lord of Rivendell. The rest of the Uruk hai and warg riders scattered to the wind after the fall of their leader leaving the elves bloodied but unbroken.

What did the Elven captain get for his troubles? I remember we rolled but you couldn't remember what the numbers equated to?
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
it was +1 fight jj