Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interest in Lord of the Rings Campaign?
Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the link. People will need to contact you for the link in a private message as this is a publicly accessible board. Watchful eye of GW etc. etc.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
So Rob,
I'm doing a southern and easterlings alliance, if you want to join me in the campaign your mumak will be most welcome.
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(20-02-2016, 06:39 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: Hi Rob,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the link. People will need to contact you for the link in a private message as this is a publicly accessible board. Watchful eye of GW etc. etc.

Thanks for the heads up JJ Smile
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council
(20-02-2016, 09:38 PM)Agincourt Wrote: So Rob,
I'm doing a southern and easterlings alliance, if you want to join me in the campaign your mumak will be most welcome.

I'm happy to do that. I haven't managed to use the mumak yet, as I left the game for a bit, and I've had it for 10 years. So would be good to squash some things Smile
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council
Welcome aboard Rob!

Yes 8th March is a go for rules refresher for those that are interested - we could bring a small 200pt force each and team up for a small fun game while we relearn the rules. Army comp wise we can do whatever we want really Will, but as far as I'm aware the newer rules meant you had to have a certain min/max number of Warriors per hero - think it was 12max and not sure minm, need to check. You could still Ally with stuff to have mixed forces - we can have a chat and I will formalise the campaign rules in an update at the end of next week (Looking at 22nd/29th March to start campaign).

But really I want people to be able to take what they want as long as it's reasonable so 2 mumaks and Sauron would be a bit stupid (and wouldnt fit in pts limit anyway - I'm exaggerating...) but a balanced force with a few heroes is fine - will post up an example list asap to demonstrate.

I don't have the big Hobbit rulebook, so am not aware of any changes to army composition in this so will be going with older rules which as I said I will clarify later, but really just put a force together and sure it will be fine Wink if in doubt you can always ask.

Stu - thanks, fits in with the pts level I was thinking of.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
OK Will have checked the rules re: the newer force books:

Basically you pick a hero and take between 0 - 12 warriors to follow him into battle - this is a warband
Then rinse and repeat until all pts taken.
Nominally all heroes from the same list but you can take any no. of allied warbands.
Allies are from any list with same affiliation ie Good can ally with any good force, evil can ally with any evil force.
Unless specified, only a third of the warriors may have bows, rounding up. This limit doiesn't include heroes.

That's it. Think it has been simplified from before. I would like everyone to try and stick to the lore - ie don't ally Elendil with Aragorn as they were not alive at the same time. The campaign is set before the events in the lord of the rings and hobbit books, but after the fall of angmar so that's a good few years (a thousand or so?) of history it's set in. If you have a burning desire to take someone like Elendil or Isildur then can you just rename him and he can be a descendant.

Here's an example list:

Ringwraith - fell beast = 160
Spectre = 15
Mordor Troll = 100
Orc captain, shield = 45
11 orc warriors - 5 shield, 5 shield and spear, 1 shield and banner = 97
Orc captain, bow = 45
6 orc warriors - 6 bows =36

Total = 498
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I'm in too.

I have completed

Galadhrim. Gondor. Isengard. Mordor.

I am working on Rohan, Dwarfs, High Elves, Goblins .... Well pretty much all of it really.

Exciting.
The big new hobbit rulebook just expands some magic rules and changes the way heroic moves work a little. It also changes the way monsters fight. If they win a duel they can do new types of attack, rend, hurl and barge.

The book also gives the points values and rules for the characters from the hobbit movies but you can download those from GW for free. It's a gorgeous book. I got mine on eBay for half price!
OK great Matt. You can join with Ben to form the second Good team, so you can take any good force apart from Rohan, Arnor and Elves, since that is what Stu and JJ are taking. From what you have Gondor may be a good choice? (possibly Galadhrim but I don't like the idea of Lothlorien fighting Rivendell - not going to tell you what to do though, but be it on your own head!)

These then are the teams:

Stu & JJ - Rohan & Elves (Rivendell?)
Chris & Will - Mordor & Isenguard
Paul & Rob - Easterlings & Harad
Ben & Matt - Dwarves & Gondor?

Awesome!
(21-02-2016, 08:53 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: OK great Matt. You can join with Ben to form the second Good team, so you can take any dwarf foce apart from Rohan, Arnor and Elves, since that is what Stu and JJ are taking. From what you have Gondor may be a good choice? (possibly Galadhrim but I don't like the idea of Lothlorien fighting Rivendell - not going to tell you what to do though, but be it on your own head!)

These then are the teams:

Stu & JJ - Rohan & Elves (Rivendell?)
Chris & Will - Mordor & Isenguard
Paul & Rob - Easterlings & Harad
Ben & Matt - Dwarves & Gondor?

Awesome!

Cool beans.

My dwarf army is in the post. My Gondor are pretty much good to go bar working out points. 500pts? Or are we splitting that in teams?