Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 26th April 2016
Smashing game last night Chris, nice and brutal - much obliged! I'll try and get some answers on those rules questions that cropped up...
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Interesting game last night Paul Smile (Hobbit SBG)

Easterlings Vs Dwarves

For those who are interested we played the Hold ground scenario - 1 point for every man inside the 6" radius of the centre maker, plus the game could end on a roll of a 1 or 2 after one side gets below 50% you also gets points for wounding or killing the enemy leader - and without killing a model I almost won after 5 or 6 turns. If the game had ended of turn 5 I would have won 9-0, Turn 6 7-4 maybe?

I purposely fed models to either block the way to the centre or to be killed to get my self down to 50% sooner so I could roll to see if the game ended as I was in a winning position.

Needless to say; Paul realised this at about turn 5 and pressed into the centre. turn 7 came around the game ended and I was dead Smile final score I think was 3-18 (or something ridiculous)!

Gimli (my leader) on the other hand was hiding in the woods away from the fell beast. More importantly giving paul any points.

Interesting game overall.
LOTR/Hobbit SBG: Rohan, Minas Tirith, Numenor, Mordor, Moria & Angmar, Isengard, Harad & Umbar, Eregion & Rivendel, Durins Folk, Fellowship, White Council
Matt and Dave. Thanks for the intro last night. I think it's something that I'll buy into, I just need to find time to do a spot of research as to which faction to get.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(27-04-2016, 08:34 AM)Stuart Wrote: Smashing game last night Chris, nice and brutal - much obliged! I'll try and get some answers on those rules questions that cropped up...

Yeah thanks I really enjoyed it. Ares was pretty awesome, especially shifting into boar form helped him get round the board quickly. Loved the aspect of invocation to boost the God's powers. Herakles 'the lightning conductor' also did well, although he's slightly disturbed about a vague image of being electrified in an alternate reality!

May try and get some more suitable models for next time...
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(27-04-2016, 11:39 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote:
(27-04-2016, 08:34 AM)Stuart Wrote: Smashing game last night Chris, nice and brutal - much obliged! I'll try and get some answers on those rules questions that cropped up...

Yeah thanks I really enjoyed it. Ares was pretty awesome, especially shifting into boar form helped him get round the board quickly. Loved the aspect of invocation to boost the God's powers. Herakles 'the lightning conductor' also did well, although he's slightly disturbed about a vague image of being electrified in an alternate reality!

May try and get some more suitable models for next time...

Definitely - there's plenty of scope for some good themed forces outside those suggested in the book as well I think.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Thanks for the game Rob. Enjoyed it.
Thought I'd seen your cunning plan too late... Lucky win, despite slaughtering your army!
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill