Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team RedWarSoc - call to arms for 40k team event!
Hey all,

Anyone fancy taking part in a team event - Clash of Lions. Its run by the England ETC team.

Format:
Date: 30th of April-1st of May
At Sanctuary Gaming Centre - So wife permitting, I live 25/30 mins away, so I have room for 3 people at my house, 1 double bed and 2 sofas/floor. First come, first serve.
Teams of 4 players
£30 per player
1 use of each codex, limited to 4 detachments per player. A player could take Eldar CAD and 3 other Detachments EG: Inquisition, Aspect Host and Assassin Detachments.
1850pts
Teams are matched using the standard Swiss System
Players play off against each other using a pairing system

See attached rulespack and or type 40k Clash of Lions into facebook.

List Submission:
Midnight April 16th.

Team:
Myself: Marines/Assassin/Inquisition?
Nick Counsell: Ad Mech DA/SW/Inquisition?
Player3
Player4

SO, I'm looking for 2/3 players. (Depending if Nick can make it)

I have a slight preference to players who run Necrons (Chris/Anyone?), Tau (Vince/anyone?), BA Drop Pods (Vince/Anyone?), Nids (Will/Anyone?) or something triksy/odd ball like Dark Eldar venom spam or something else original/uncommon. I'm not too fussed, just as long as we can compete Angel

We're going for fun! But taking tough lists to do RedWarSoc proud!

I would also love to see another team as well! We have the players Smile

In the immortal words of Shia Lebeouf JUST DO IT! Cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Attached Files
.pdf   Clash of the Lions 2016.pdf (Size: 684.5 KB / Downloads: 326)

Team1: Join the team for potentially free accommodation! #hype!

Whos interested and what you do you want to bring?

Sigh

The FW hate is real. My poor AL/Blackshields/shattered legion force.
I'd defiantly be up for coming along. Would probably prefer to bring my nids as my BA and dark Eldar are stuck in third edition, haha. I'd like to bring the swarm again, as I feel I was close to something with my previous swarm list. But am not adverse to trying out something new, and buying some more flyrants or something to fit in with some sort of team plan, if we are going to have a plan. Tongue
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(11-02-2016, 12:43 PM)Alpharius Wrote: Sigh

Its an ETC practice event, so no FW. I wouldn't say hate. Their are plenty of other events that allow FW. Just not this one.

(11-02-2016, 01:35 PM)will Wrote: I'd defiantly be up for coming along. Would probably prefer to bring my nids as my BA and dark Eldar are stuck in third edition, haha. I'd like to bring the swarm again, as I feel I was close to something with my previous swarm list. But am not adverse to trying out something new, and buying some more flyrants or something to fit in with some sort of team plan, if we are going to have a plan. Tongue

I will try to come up with a plan, but will need to know players first. Hopefully we can get enough interest for two teams! That would be epic!

If you can spread the word at the club and bend peoples arms, that would help, the 40k section on here, seems pretty dead so this might not get read by all. Smile

Thanks for the offer Rob and would be great but I can't make that weekend as got a 40th party to go to (not mine, still a couple of years off that one!).
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
No worries Chris! Smile

I don't have any of your desired races and I'm not entirely sure I can remember how to play 40K (not that I was great to begin with) but I'm up for this!

I'll put a feature in the next couple weeks email newsletters too.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Jj lol I forgot Eldar haha one of, if not, the beat race in the game haha

(11-02-2016, 12:43 PM)Alpharius Wrote: Sigh

You could always run your forge world marines using the standard 40K astartes codex, wouldn't have all the forge world toys but you could probably still put something good together.

Quote:I don't have any of your desired races and I'm not entirely sure I can remember how to play 40K (not that I was great to begin with) but I'm up for this!

I'll put a feature in the next couple weeks email newsletters too.

Run your guard JJ we can have a competition as to who can put the most models on the table Tongue
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."