Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAGA Wyvern Wargames SAGA tournament - Saturday 27th February 2016
Got it thanks Stu
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
Gentlemen, all the best for tomorrow - sorry I won't be there to contest the wooden spoon Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Just finished a few repairs and the final shields. Bag packed and it weighs the proverbial tonne, mainly due to fizzy drinks. Both looking forward to, and nervous about the event. The main question is who wants the wooden spoon measuring sticks the most?
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
You can never have enough sticks. I got 2 sets!
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Thanks Stu! See the rest of you tomorrow, should be good. Managed to get some paint on all my welsh ponies - and the guys riding them - bit basic but they will do.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
How did it go? And does anyone have a nice new set of measuring sticks? Smile
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Erm yes! I managed to loose all 4 games 6-0,6-0,5-0,6-0..Despite that the first 3 games were quite close right up to the last turn. All 4 of my opponents apologized for my bad dice rolls. Met some extremely nice people and had a blast.
Flames of War- Irish Guards    Bloodbowl- Orcs, Humans
Cutlass- Teddy Bear Pirates     Warhammer- Bretonnia, Ogres
6mm WW2- XXX Corps            28mm WW2- Rules of Engagement, Bolt Action, Chain of Command
28mm Zulu War- Still painting !!  SAGA Normans, Saracens
Bolt Action - German and British Infantry
Malifaux - Gremlins
Guildball - Butchers,Hunters, Farmers
Steve you are my hero!

I managed to win 2 and lose 2. First game facing Norse Gaels - tried to cross a bridge against his warlord who sat there like a boss and slaughtered about half my army. Made some bad mistakes against a good player so lost 6 -0.
Second game transporting a wagon against the Jomsvikings I managed to avoid giving him any wrath and sneaked a win 4-2 as he made a mistake last turn so I managed to kil his warlord and priest on the last turn!
Third game I was facing a player who beat me last time - Paul! Managed to win 6-0 on pillage scenario as Paul couldn't hold back the Welsh ponies! He made a big mistake in deployment which I think cost hime the game. I was thinking that if you had deployed everything centrally you would have done better Paul as I had mobility so could avoid your flank force.
Last game facing Rus Princes. Had no idea what they could do and it was an education. He had a superunit of 8 Hearthguard that cost 3 points which rolled across the table annihilating everything - chucked everything I could at it and managed to kill 1 of them! Lost that 6-0.

Enjoyable day once again.
Standings for Redditch were

Chris 15/26
Paul 18/26
Gareth 19/26
Steve 26/26

I personally played badly (and I think I do in general with the Saxons,) although I'm now very tempted to us an enlightened in my games and see if that helps more than the Religious Adviser.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
A very enjoyable day.
My first battle was against Carl Vikings close victory 3 points to 2. Both of us getting our wagons off the board, but me destroying his left flank taking little damage in return, while avoiding his heavy right flank. I was happy to start with a winning draw.
Second battle the Ford crossing against Alan from Stoke (knows Justin from Warhammer tournaments with Dwarves). He was playing Saxons and knew my army inside out and his own... He got to go first and was able to do a double move to get straight across the river on my weaker left flank. He took the bridge on my right flank too. The dice gods were on his side right through the game. It was so bad it was hilarious we laughed through the game. The only figure I had left on the board was my priestess. No surprise he won the prize for the scenario! Lol - 6-0.
Third game against Chris and he was out for revenge!!! We were chatting before the game, before we knew who we were playing and I told Chris my tactics... You couldn't write it... A double whammy as I struggle against mounted armies. I changed my tactics and totally screwed up... It really was a slaughter. Well played Chris. 6-0.
Final game against Zoe, daughter-in-law of Alan. She had Vikings and charged my centre with berserkers, but my tactics were good and leaving her warlord exposed I forged through to a bloody (on both sides) victory 6-0.
Great fun, but not playing a single game with my Danes from one year to the next is not the best preparation...
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill