Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 15th December 2015
Information 
As usual, Windmill Community Centre from 6.45pm till 10.00pm.

Please post in this thread to arrange games and offer tutorials, and I'll summarise here. As ever this is all just provisional and subject to further arrangements being made on the night, but helps give us a an idea of how many tables of a given size are required whilst minimising the chances of someone being left without a game!

If you need to cancel a game at the last minute then please try to get in touch with your opponent directly to let them know.

Provisional Games:
  • Matt & Will - Dropzone Commander, 1500pts
  • Stu, Steve, Justin - Blood Rage
  • Chris & Dave - Dropzone Commander, 750pts
Games Sought:
  • Paul - Mordheim
  • Matt (Brightblade) - Warhammer 40K
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Just an idea, but in honour of the release of the next instalment in the Star Wars saga this week we could consider making this week a Star Wars themed evening? Games of X-Wing / Armada / Imperial Assault / card games / etc? Nothing set in stone, just an excuse to emphasise Star Wars games where possible.
Sounds good, would love to try Armada or Imperial Assault
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I know it's not star wars but does anyone want to play dropzone commander or halo fleet battles? wars amongst the stars, it's kinda similar right?
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(04-12-2015, 03:27 PM)will Wrote: I know it's not star wars but does anyone want to play dropzone commander or halo fleet battles? wars amongst the stars, it's kinda similar right?

I can do Dropzone with you if you want Will. What size game?
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
(04-12-2015, 05:46 PM)scoundrel13 Wrote: I can do Dropzone with you if you want Will. What size game?

Brilliant, umm anything up to 1500pts. I'm not sure what can be reasonably fitted into a club night, so whatever you want. Smile
Warhammer Fantasy Beastmen, Woodelves; Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar, Blood angels, Tyranids; Battlefleet Gothic Imperial, Dark Eldar; Saga Vikings; Guild ball Masons; Dropzone Commander & Dropfleet PHR, UCM(dropfleet only); Lord of the rings Mordor, Gundabad; Beyond the gates of Antares Ghar Outcast Rebels
Quote:"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain."

(05-12-2015, 12:50 AM)will Wrote: Brilliant, umm anything up to 1500pts. I'm not sure what can be reasonably fitted into a club night, so whatever you want. Smile

Nobody has tried 1500pts yet! Will be interesting to see how long John and Chris take to play their 1500 this Tuesday.

But yeah, lets do it. As long as we get there early enough and get started fast, we should be fine. I'll bring the jelly-heads Smile
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
(05-12-2015, 08:08 AM)scoundrel13 Wrote:
(05-12-2015, 12:50 AM)will Wrote: Brilliant, umm anything up to 1500pts. I'm not sure what can be reasonably fitted into a club night, so whatever you want. Smile

Nobody has tried 1500pts yet! Will be interesting to see how long John and Chris take to play their 1500 this Tuesday.

But yeah, lets do it. As long as we get there early enough and get started fast, we should be fine. I'll bring the jelly-heads Smile

Sounds good to me. I'll have to get my paint on and try and get some paint on some models. For the white tennis ball Tongue

(22-10-2015, 09:45 AM)Stuart Wrote: Just an idea, but in honour of the release of the next instalment in the Star Wars saga this week we could consider making this week a Star Wars themed evening? Games of X-Wing / Armada / Imperial Assault / card games / etc? Nothing set in stone, just an excuse to emphasise Star Wars games where possible.

From chatting at the club last week we're going to defer this "themed" evening until the week after (22nd).

I'm playing Blood Rage with Steve (and Justin I think?) this week.
Written up 2 500pt lists for dystopian wars using the Kingdom of Britannia Naval battle group if anyone wants to help me with an intro game to get a feel for the rules.

Ones got a big battleship. The others led by a big carrier.
For the Angelic Horde!