Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40K 700 points flash league- starts 25th August. Post questions and queries here!
Can we duplicate troops? So can I have two tactical squads or two scout squads?

Also, with no duplicate of units, can I take a ravenwing command squad (consisting of black knights) from the elite slot and then also take a black knight squad from the fast attack slot? Not sure I want to do this, just asking Wink
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(01-08-2015, 08:40 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Can we duplicate troops? So can I have two tactical squads or two scout squads?

Also, with no duplicate of units, can I take a ravenwing command squad (consisting of black knights) from the elite slot and then also take a black knight squad from the fast attack slot? Not sure I want to do this, just asking Wink

Yes and Yes. Technically a command squad and a black knight squad are different units in different FOC slots, so yes.
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018
Ok thanks
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
You should have stuck to your guns with the rules, now you are going to get loads of people asking for a special changes to their lists.

Mine is

I only have one non-named HQ in my codex, can I take St Celectine for 135pts instead.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
(03-08-2015, 10:35 AM)wako1302 Wrote: You should have stuck to your guns with the rules, now you are going to get loads of people asking for a special changes to their lists.

Mine is

I only have one non-named HQ in my codex, can I take St Celectine for 135pts instead.

I've not run a 40K league or tournament before. This is the first one I've organised. Before I released the ruleset for this league, I discussed and edited it with Vince, as he ran the Escalation campaign before. We agreed that while the restrictions were as fair and levelling as we could come up with, across the many and varied codices there were inevitably going to be a few places where my restrictions were not balanced, and I rely upon these imbalances to be brought up by players in a respectful way on here, as I do not know every codex word for word.

I'm quite happy to make ongoing amendments to my rules, as long as they ensure everyone is HAPPY with the army that they can bring, and the idea of a level playing field is not compromised. For example, I was informed that a 130pt HQ cap meant that Tyranids could only take a single HQ choice (Prime) with no upgrades. After discussion, I decided to make a unique cap for Tyranids, as their codex has unusually high costs for HQ choices. Now, I hope, the player is happy with that compromise.

I hope this adequately illustrates that "sticking to your guns" can be both needlessly stubborn and counter-intuitive to a functioning league system.

To answer your question, I've looked at the Sisters HQs, and you actually have extra options alongside the Canoness- Sororitas Command Squad and Priests, and Ecclesiarchy Battle Conclave.

With 150pts of HQ, your Canoness has a lot of room for upgrades too. So no, I'm not going to break the "No named characters" rule. A Canoness upgraded or with a hefty retinue is fine for 700pts.

Magic the Gathering

(03-08-2015, 11:56 AM)scoundrel13 Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 10:35 AM)wako1302 Wrote: You should have stuck to your guns with the rules, now you are going to get loads of people asking for a special changes to their lists.

Mine is

I've not run a 40K league or tournament before. This is the first one I've organised. Before I released the ruleset for this league, I discussed and edited it with Vince, as he ran the Escalation campaign before. We agreed that while the restrictions were as fair and levelling as we could come up with, across the many and varied codices there were inevitably going to be a few places where my restrictions were not balanced, and I rely upon these imbalances to be brought up by players in a respectful way on here, as I do not know every codex word for word.

I'm quite happy to make ongoing amendments to my rules, as long as they ensure everyone is HAPPY with the army that they can bring, and the idea of a level playing field is not compromised. For example, I was informed that a 130pt HQ cap meant that Tyranids could only take a single HQ choice (Prime) with no upgrades. After discussion, I decided to make a unique cap for Tyranids, as their codex has unusually high costs for HQ choices. Now, I hope, the player is happy with that compromise.

I hope this adequately illustrates that "sticking to your guns" can be both needlessly stubborn and counter-intuitive to a functioning league system.

To answer your question, I've looked at the Sisters HQs, and you actually have extra options alongside the Canoness- Sororitas Command Squad and Priests, and Ecclesiarchy Battle Conclave.

With 150pts of HQ, your Canoness has a lot of room for upgrades too. So no, I'm not going to break the "No named characters" rule. A Canoness upgraded or with a hefty retinue is fine for 700pts.

Worth a try thou, Canoness it is then.

fyi The other options are upgrades and not HQ choices, my complaint was that I have to take a Canoness as the HQ and have no other choices except upgrades. There are only 3 HQ units - Canoness, St Celestine & Uriah Jacobus.
Ecclesiarchy Battle Conclave - Requires a Ministorum Priest
Ministorium Priest - Does not take up a Force Organisation Slot
Sororitas Command Squad - Requires a Canoness
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
As i said Matt, think the best thing to do is run it how you want with minor tweaks if you spot any big issues and ask for feedback at the end.

I like the restrictions in place myself and thought the similar ones worked well in the escalation campaign. It encourages mix lists up a bit.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Ah yes Dave, I understand. A bit like Imperial Guard Commissars, Priests and Psykers, which all can't be taken without a Company Command choice.

There's still variety there with how you field the Canoness, and what kind of retinue you take alongside her.

Magic the Gathering

(03-08-2015, 12:38 PM)manrogue Wrote: As i said Matt, think the best thing to do is run it how you want with minor tweaks if you spot any big issues and ask for feedback at the end.

I like the restrictions in place myself and thought the similar ones worked well in the escalation campaign. It encourages mix lists up a bit.

Thanks Vince, yeah I'm pretty pleased with the rules too. We'll only know if they're properly balanced once we start playing league games, but I'm happy to field questions and make amendments if there are big problems, like you say.

Magic the Gathering

"Up to 2 each of Fast Attack, Heavy and Elites, but no duplicates of these units, even if they are equipped differently".

I can have a Ravenwing Command Squad (Elite) and a Black Knight squad (Fast Attack) - as they are not exact duplicates, have different codex entries/slots and have access to different stuff.