Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Infinity: the game
I have played infinity before, had a friend get us into it and he was heavily into it, average point games are around 300pts, uses lots of scenery, which we had an decent city board set for using paper terrain. The play style is very fast paced and deadly, due to ARO's (automatic reaction order) where if an opponents model can see one of your models it gets to take one action to do something about it.
You have a number of orders equal to the amount of models you control on the table, orders can be spent to make a model do an action, as many orders can be spent on one model, making 'cheerleading' a common tactic.

Army lost are easy to make, max 10 models in a combat group, no limit to combat groups though. You must have a lieutenant in the list, and special/heavy weapons use SWC points (support weapon cost) which you get 1 for every 50pts of army list.
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

I really shouldn't get into another gaming system.

Should I?

(Hint: it's about now that you can offer me some justification and tell me it's OK).
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Cool, thanks for the information! Definately a game system i want to give a go, just deciding at the minute which model to start off with for my ballard. Want to start with something epic looking to be a central point.
And yes Stu you really should get into another system, so we can all stumble through the rules and have clumsy beginner battles together! Infact it would be rude not to help out your fellow group members! Tongue
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(09-07-2011, 12:02 PM)manrogue Wrote: Infact it would be rude not to help out your fellow group members! Tongue

I like that angle - "I'm just doing it for the group!"
Well according to the forums, very rarely do you field more than 15 models so you won't be spending a fortune on expanding your army. The rules are free to download of the website, i'll bring the rules and army lists I have printed off on Tuesday if the rulebook hasn't turned up by then.
WARHAMMER/AGE OF SIGMAR:  khorne warriors of chaos
WARMACHINE: Khador, mercenaries 
BOLT ACTION 51st highlander division (in progress)
KILL TEAM: Adeptus mechanicus

(09-07-2011, 12:07 PM)Stuart Wrote:
(09-07-2011, 12:02 PM)manrogue Wrote: Infact it would be rude not to help out your fellow group members! Tongue

I like that angle - "I'm just doing it for the group!"

If its any consolation, an entire army would only cost around £55 from what I've calculated as the game isn't WYSIWIG. That's less than an IG tank right? So there you go. One tank, or an entire army to play a new and invigorating system with the group? Big Grin
Warmachine (Retribution of Scyrah, Khador), Hordes (Trollbloods, Blindwater Congregation), Bolt Action (IJA Infantry Section, Soviet Russia Armoured Platoon), SAGA (Norse-Gaels (WIP)), Deadzone (Enforcers, Forge Fathers)
Got to be honest I would like to try before I buy into this. Not much of the ranges inspire me, apart from possibly the roboty folks. If the game was fun to play, then I might consider jumping in with both feet, but like Bushido the minatures are not selling it to me. Hence me going to next weeks demo day, if it turns out to be interesting, then no matter my views on the models, the system would appeal.

But however Oniwaban Shenobi (ObiWan Kenobi,) is a cool pun.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
OMG i just saw the ultimate model it combines the two things i love http://www.wargamesworkshop.com/ProductL...&GrpID=397
the ninja sniper i would happily make an entire force of just those models ^_^
Right, I think I've settled on PanOceania.

For now.
Hmmm, I like the Bikers of the Yu-Jing, the general awsomality of the Nomads, and the scarse but sweet models of ALEPH. I'm torn between getting (get ready...): The futuristic Infinity, Ancient Spartan gaming, the all-new Cutlass! or Malifaux - in that order. I'm completely torn, any suggestions? Wait, no! I made a vow that I would finish painting my Warmachine and Bushido, then I will go on to a new game.

Maybe the painting can wait.
No!
Yes, we don't need to have painted miniatures!
No! I made a promise!

Sorry, classic Shmeagel moment!

McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)