Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games Workshop 2014-2015 Annual Report
Released today: http://investor.games-workshop.com/2015/...-report-2/

Direct link to PDF: http://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-co...-final.pdf
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Sales down after the release schedule like this...

Looks like the figures are based before AoS so we won't know how thats effected the business.

But its worrying and overall, I didn't get a sense of optimism, but desperation, stating we hope to be around "forever"... ???

Pay freeze for retail staff is going to hurt the store managers though Sad
They seem to have a bit of a revolving door on retail staff at the moment?
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
AoS is a strange on to consider. Was chatting to Mark at Hobby Hut earlier when I was picking up some paints. He was surprised his AoS boxes haven't gone, I wasn't because the game without fixing is un-playable. UK Warhammer community is un-surprisingly trying to fix the game, but in its current state I give it 6-12 months, in that scene. Its not being played in stores, with reports being 40k is still the game played by their target market (I know kids are fickle but given a game with Space Marines, or a game with pseudo-Space Marines that their friends haven't got, which one was really going to win.)
With a fix AoS could save their ass, without its another nail in their coffin of dominance.

Interesting that retail sales are down, seeing as they shut up a huge amount of international stores. Hmmmm I wonder if lack of stores, hinders sales. Internet sales are up, during a period in which you could only get their items via the internet. Friday pre-orders moved to Saturday because, by the times the stores (which are not selling as much,) opened on a Saturday the entire stock had sold, and staff were having to promote a product that wouldn't be available. IN twelve months time, this could reverse, with internet sales declining and store sales increasing.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(28-07-2015, 05:58 PM)Gareth Wrote: AoS is a strange on to consider. Was chatting to Mark at Hobby Hut earlier when I was picking up some paints. He was surprised his AoS boxes haven't gone, I wasn't because the game without fixing is un-playable. UK Warhammer community is un-surprisingly trying to fix the game, but in its current state I give it 6-12 months, in that scene. Its not being played in stores, with reports being 40k is still the game played by their target market (I know kids are fickle but given a game with Space Marines, or a game with pseudo-Space Marines that their friends haven't got, which one was really going to win.)
With a fix AoS could save their ass, without its another nail in their coffin of dominance.

Interesting that retail sales are down, seeing as they shut up a huge amount of international stores. Hmmmm I wonder if lack of stores, hinders sales. Internet sales are up, during a period in which you could only get their items via the internet. Friday pre-orders moved to Saturday because, by the times the stores (which are not selling as much,) opened on a Saturday the entire stock had sold, and staff were having to promote a product that wouldn't be available. IN twelve months time, this could reverse, with internet sales declining and store sales increasing.
I think if they released AoS as a standalone (ala space huk) and set it before (current) events. They would've made a mint.
For the Angelic Horde!