Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thunderstrike Gauntlet Question
A Knight with a Thunderstrike Gauntlet attack with Initiative 1.

My Question is

If you have a Thunderstrike Gauntlet will you always get a Stomp attack as it happens at the same Initiative Step 1.

- So in theory could the Gauntlet attack the unit in Close Combat and the Stomp Attack hits any unit nearby as long as it can reach.

- Would the first Stomp Blast template have to hit the same unit the Gauntlet is attacking.
[/b]

STOMP RULES

The Stomp Attack is made in addition to the Super-heavy Walker's normal attacks. Stomp attacks are resolved during the Fight sub-phase at the initiative 1 step.
A Stomp attack consists of D3 stomps. To make the first stomp, place a blast marker so that it is touching, but not over, the Super-heavy Walker model. Each unit that has at least one model even partially under the marker is stomped. For each unit that is stomped, roll on the Stomp table to determine what happens to it. Each subsequent Stomp is made in the same manner as the first, except that the blast marker does not have to be placed touching the Super-heavy Walker. Instead, it must be placed so that it is at least partially within 3" of where the last blast marker was placed., and not over the Super-heavy Walker. This allows you to 'Stomp forward' into the enemy!
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
I think the wording sounds like it does not have to target the original unit necessarily
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari