Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malifaux Tournament 9th October - Sunday
It was an awesome day, and a big thanks to Clousseau for arranging the event. It was a bit tight on space, but when an event proves popular enough to warrant an extra 4 players, for a fledgling game like Malifaux, it proves something is going right. All the pre-journey nerves were not justified, as I thought I may make a huge fool of myself with the rules, but I was pleased to find, I have a good enough grasp of the game system.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Good on ya Gaz. Tempted to go along to any of the GTs next year?
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Issues for me are with events on a Saturday or all weekend. Having to work, normally until a little before 12 on a saturday, it rules most tournaments out. The UK GT does appeal, and I may be tempted to book the time off, if only I hadn't got Steven Merchant to attend on the saturday evening, and I also had to turn down some Rugby League internationals, which I was asked to go to, before Jo announced the GT's date. However I am planning on going to GenCon next summer though, so will get to play in the states, but as for UK events, it is most likely going to be Sunday only tournaments. However if one was coming just around the corner, I certainly wouldn't have an issue in attending.

The main goal of the day, was to play games against new people, have a good time, not lose all three games (I was hoping to win one, but a draw isn't too bad, seeing as I may have made a crew selection error, and most definitely a deployment error,) and most importantly try and make sure I have cemented the rules in my mind.

We had a total of 85 minutes per game, which included all the set-up shenanigans, and I wasn't confident I would get games done in that time. However it wasn't a major issue for me, playing the first two games against people very familiar with the rules, games moved along very fast.

Now if we can only speed up captain slow Tongue
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
85 minutes? It's takes me that long to shuffle my fate deck.
Last turn of the final game, I had to shuffle my deck as I blew through it all. The fact that I got 4 overcharges off one of Rasputina's spells, worked wonders for that.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Lol. Rankings HQ have added todays results, and I am now the 108th highest ranked Malifaux player in the UK. Quite amusing tbh.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
(09-10-2011, 09:46 PM)Gareth Wrote: Lol. Rankings HQ have added todays results, and I am now the 108th highest ranked Malifaux player in the UK. Quite amusing tbh.

That is just crying out to be your forum user-title Wink
Done just for you, although I am sure in a month that it ill be out of date.
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen