Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Escalation campaign? And possible new 40K campaign for the summer
(09-07-2015, 07:48 AM)jaqenhgar Wrote: I'm interested, but am away mid August till beginning of September so would prefer it to start after the holidays.

Really like the idea, would be entering with the new dark angels codex. Would it just be using the CAD with the limits you said or as it progresses would you be allowed to organise units into formations? Eg I get a land speeder and an attack bike - can I take this as the ravenwing attack formation?

Re the escalation thing, I was loving it while it lasted but it died a death so I think it would be best to start again rather than try and resurrect this - I haven't seen several of the guys who signed up to this at the club for a while.

Dates are flexible, I would probably do advertising and generating interest early August, the collecting of initial army lists and giving out league packs mid to late August, first week's league play in early September. Lists and stuff could be sent online if this suits you, of course Smile

I am not sure about formations, I don't know whether some of them might be too overpowered at the points level I am thinking of for the league (750 rising gradually to a ceiling limit of 1000). It could be that all formations are allowed, and I will see how that progresses, and the kinds of formations people use. If any game-breaking ones start to emerge, I'll make a note and limit those for the next league that is run. Could also have formations as a bought upgrade.

I too really enjoyed those early stages of the Escalation campaign, where the points were low. I think it made you think really tactically about army selections, and it reduced game time to a comfortable length. That's what I'm trying to recreate with the league really.
Dropfleet Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 1500pts PHR

Dropzone Commander- 3000pts Scourge, 600pts UCM
PM me anytime to arrange DzC tutorials if you are interested in the game.

Magic the Gathering

UK Dropfleet Champion, Summer Invasion 2017
Warboar Dropfleet Winner, 12.11.17
2nd at Fleet Muster 2, Firestorm Games 10.12.17
Battle for Tlalacon Winner, Beach-Head 2018

Messages In This Thread
RE: Escalation campaign? And possible new 40K campaign for the summer - by scoundrel13 - 09-07-2015, 05:32 PM