Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Dark Angels 2015
Ok after the game against Matt and Arif I had a rethink. I was underwhelmed with the vet squad and the dark talon, liked the int chap bu thinking of taking the strike force now for even more ravenwing so he is out and I'm forced to take spammy as the only hq with ravenwing special rule.

Here's the new list, have all the bikes but time to source some new grav guns I think!

Dark angels 1850pt list

CAD [340]
HQ
Librarian - bike,ml2, shroud 120
Librarian - bike, ml2 110
Troops
Scout squad 55
Scout squad 55

Ravenwing strike force [1300]
Sammael 200
RW command 6 knights apothecary 270
6 black knights 240
Bike squad 3 bikes, 2 grav, combi grav, attack bike mm 170
Dark shroud 80

Ravenwing Attack Squadron [210]
Land speeder - heavy flamer 50
3 bikes - 2 melta, combi melta, attack bike mm 160

Or drop CAD and take:
Land speeder squad - tml x 3 = 225
Bike squad 3 bikes, 2 grav, combi grav 115
(Added to strike force)
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
for Maelstrom - keep the CAD. Scouts cheap for sitting on objectives.

Eternal War - definitely the more Ravenwing!!!

How'd the Dark Talon fair?
Rerollable jink saves......

CHEEEEESE!!!!!!

On a serious note you got unlucky with the vets and dark talon. While the deployment atyle was great for your ravenwing it sucked for your dark talon once everything was at the other end of the field. The vets again had to face my interceptor fire (love that rule) with no distractions. Should have killed the riptide turn 1, just unlucky.
Looks great buddy! You should certainly win maelstrom every time! I think the cad adds a lot with obsec and the two Libby's to join your big unit for casting and denying powers! Lemmi know how short you are on grav guns n I'll see if I have any spares lying around. Should deffo have a few Smile
Thanks Nick but don't worry, I have just ordered some combis from ebay and have my eye on some alternative grav guns from maxmini.

Yeah I will certainly have a lot of units moving around, but will get hammered in the scouring if I'm not careful, 7 fast attack choices!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
No worries mate! I ended up ordering a load when the last marine book first came out so I have quite a few haha. Yeah the scouring is a tough one I had that problem with my gt list. Between the destroyers, tomb blades, scarabs and wraiths I had 6 n it hurt!
(31-07-2015, 08:04 AM)Nick1988 Wrote: Yeah the scouring is a tough one I had that problem with my gt list. Between the destroyers, tomb blades, scarabs and wraiths I had 6 n it hurt!

Yeah I had all 3 FA slots too, kinda hurt.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Just played Thom's Dark Angels last night, got to say Ravenwing are pretty badass with re-rollable jink saves combined with the Dark Shroud.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Jink does force snapshots though.. but even I will admit that a 2+ re-rollable is pretty disgusting...

However - the LandSpeeders with the 18HB shots a turn - once they jinked, they were useless and if they didn't jink, they died pretty fast - AV10 and open topped with 2HP.
I haven't tried the Dark Talon - is it any good? The small blast S10 AP2 looks fun but thats 160pts for a mini-vindicator. So I wonder where the value comes from it? If it jinks, it's a nice model.

Ravenwing can't be used and sustained without a CAD or Deathwing to DS in and smash face. One thing that is amazing is the Whirlwind squadron with shred and pinning... I used that against an Ork player and that shred is filthy.
Loving the new da codex, it cost more than some of my uni books and will be loved more