Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 18th August 2015
SAGA anyone - I won't use me Pagans !
(Need some practice before the worlds.)
Cheers,
Karl.
Karl - I'd love to try Saga, but don't currently have a force (as my Dark Ages Welsh are based for Dux Bellorum). Have you got a spare army and the inclination to play a noob?
Kings of War: Goblins, Undead, Orcs
Saga: Welsh
Dystopian Wars: Prussian Empire
Bolt Action: Italians and Partisans
AtDE: The Family
(16-08-2015, 10:13 AM)Jonah Wrote: Karl - I'd love to try Saga, but don't currently have a force (as my Dark Ages Welsh are based for Dux Bellorum). Have you got a spare army and the inclination to play a noob?

Hello Jonah - SAGA is fairly flexible as far as base sizes are concerned - for infantry the minimum is 20mm square or diameter. How are your Welsh currently based ?
(And no worries if you're newbie.)

Cheers,
Karl.
(16-08-2015, 11:08 AM)templar Wrote:
(16-08-2015, 10:13 AM)Jonah Wrote: Karl - I'd love to try Saga, but don't currently have a force (as my Dark Ages Welsh are based for Dux Bellorum). Have you got a spare army and the inclination to play a noob?

Hello Jonah - SAGA is fairly flexible as far as base sizes are concerned - for infantry the minimum is 20mm square or diameter. How are your Welsh currently based ?

Cheers,
Karl.

Hi Karl - they are multi-based - 2-4 figures on 6cm by 3cm bases, like DBA.
(16-08-2015, 02:36 PM)Jonah Wrote:
(16-08-2015, 11:08 AM)templar Wrote:

Cheers,
Karl.

Hi Karl - they are multi-based - 2-4 figures on 6cm by 3cm bases, like DBA.

OK - we should be able to cope with that. If you've got some single figures that would help for casualty removal - otherwise use counters or plastic rings to identify how many casualties a unit has.
I'm happy to give it a go if you are - at least you'll get an idea how SAGA works. (I've got plenty of SAGA dice and boards.)
I'll be at the club about 6:45pm - see you there.
Cheers,
Karl.

I'll bring along my SAGA Vikings if that helps Jonah - you're welcome to borrow them and there should be plenty enough to mould them into any faction you want to try.
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
SO I will not be about this week, but does anyone wanting to do the Warmachine games feel like doing the first get together next week?
Smile
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts
(16-08-2015, 09:10 PM)Stuart Wrote:

I'll bring along my SAGA Vikings if that helps Jonah - you're welcome to borrow them and there should be plenty enough to mould them into any faction you want to try.

That is brilliant! Thank you!
(16-08-2015, 09:44 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: SO I will not be about this week, but does anyone wanting to do the Warmachine games feel like doing the first get together next week?
Smile

I'm not around next week unfortunately, and I still need to acquire some models for the new list I have in mind Cool
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
Just dropping this here to check me and sam (cookie) are still on for tuesday. Orks vs Heresy 1850.