Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new 40k league
after the expirences in the campain the games were fun and there were no one sided battles but did have a problem with gettin people to come down each week so i suggested to do a league where games can be played at any point the players wish so that you can play any other games during the meets on tuesdays cause personally i would like to try my hand at warmachordes ^_^ i will follow up this thread with rules if we get enough interest from a few other members
i would like to do both leagues...

maybe 1500 pt battles
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
I will be up for this in a couple of weeks after have finished painting the main part of my marines up. Sounds like would be fun!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
right well to start the games can be any size of the players choosing but ive made to victory points reflect the size of the games. The games will be played on a 4ft by 4ft battle ground to: A. save time and B cause as much carnage as possible ^_^. Rules will be standard 40k rules as per the book and i ask you all to bring your rule books to each of your games or the game will not be counted in the league i know thats a bit harsh but this is to make sure that there is no excuse for not knowing a rule if there is something specific you can ask me and i will provide a ruling but otherwise i will just ask you to look in your rule book. im going to cap your points to 100 points per 4 weeks though your points can excced this amount. im also making a rule that you can not play the same person again till you have played all other people in the campain in the event of that not been possible i will allow you to play the same people again but i must be asked in advance

1500+ will give 5 for a win 4 for a draw and 3 for a loss
1000 will give 4 for a win 3 for a draw and 2 for a loss
750 will give 3 for a win 2 for a draw and 1 for a loss

the idea of these poinst is not to detemine a winner but to spend on your squads to upgrage abilites / stats so you may find after a few weeks you will be fighting marines with a 2 plus save instead of a 3 plus or a tyranid carnifex that has just out flanked you and yes even a imperial gaurd tank with 14 armour all round
i have given some thought to how points will be spent these will apply to all armies

weapon skill (ws) to get from a
ws 0 to 1 will be 5 points
ws 1 to 2 will be 10 points
ws 2 to 3 will be 15 points
ws 3 to 4 will be 20 points
ws 4 to 5 will be 30 points
ws 5 to 6 will be 40 points
ws 6 to 7 will be 50 points
ws 7 to 8 will be 60 points
ws 8 to 9 will be 70 points
ws 9 to 10 will be 80 points

Balistic skill (bs)
for speed sake the bs points to increase it will be the same as ws point costs with the excepption of that bs will not be able to excced 7
strength and toughness (S and T) ive decided to do with this what i did with bs and ws where the points cost to increase will be the same

0 to 1 will be 5 points (yes i know that this will look the same as ws and bs but i can change this depending on feedback)
1 to 2 will be 10 points
2 to 3 will be 15 points
3 to 4 will be 20 points
4 to 5 will be 25 points
5 to 6 will be 35 points

Now before you get excited about making a str 10 man stop right there cause i making so you cannot make any infantry model any higher than str 6 and toughness 6 this is to maintain some realistic meassure cause how many men in 40k do you know who are as strong as a carnifex (fyi hes str 9 ^_^ ) anyway monsterous creatures can go beyond 6 but at an increased point cost of 15 so

6 to 7 will be 50 points
7 to 8 will be 65 points
8 to 9 will be 80 points
and 9 to 10 100 points
unfortunetly im choosing not to increase the amount of wounds a model has cause if can imagine trying to kill space marine terminators with like 3 wounds each lol sorry but thats not happening besides a stat increase like that would make games longer if anything else so i think its much simpler to leave wounds as they are
same as wounds attacks (A) will not be increased cause as nice as it sounds to me but for you been assulted by 10 genestealers with 5 attacks each i dont think that will be a very nice thing to try and kill
initative (I) cause you can imagine your squads becoming better trained and so will be better in combat initative can be increased with the only cap will be 10 as per normal rules
each point of this stat will cost 10 points each adding 10 so

1 to 2 will be 10 points
2 to 3 will be 20 points
3 to 4 will be 30 points
4 to 5 will be 40 points
5 to 6 will be 50 points
6 to 7 will be 60 points
7 to 8 will be 70 points
8 to 9 will be 80 points
9 to 10 will be 100 points (i know ive jumped 20 points but if you think 10 anything needs to be harder to get ^_^)

the reason why its 10 points increments cause obviously the ability to hit your opponent before they hit you is a very valuable skill
armour save (sv)
dont think i have to stress how important this skill is lol so

no save to 6+ save will be 10 points
6+ to a 5+ save will be 25 points
5+ to a 4+ save will be 50 points
4+ to a 3+ save will be 75 points
3+ to a 2+ save will be 100 points

after 2+ you can give yourself or upgrade an invaurable save but only after you get to a 2+ save or already have a invaunrable so

6+ inv will be 20
6+ to 5+ inv will be 40
5+ to 4+ inv will be 60
4+ to 3+ inv will be 80
3+ to 2+ inv will be 100
sounds good...
my games:
Warhammer 40k orcs, spacemarines,catachan jungle fighters,
Warhammer fantasy orcs
Lord of the Rings sbg everything you could think of!!!
Warmachinecygnar
Haleceasar germans
Cutlass orc pirates
Yugioh
Magic red and green
I would be interested in the future. Mainly when I have a 40k army, and when I know how to play 5th Ed. Had about 4 games total that edition and probably only around 20 throughout 4th. Now 2nd ed that is different. I wants me Dark Mellenium.

Best of luck Dan hope it works.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
Argh, I'd really like to have a go at this too, but I've already committed to the Warmachine league and might have trouble balancing the two, whilst sneaking in the odd game of Malifaux and Lord of the Rings Sad
Figures painted in 2016: 4 Blush
"What this game needs is a panda with a chaingun."
well theres no obligation to play till you have got to the 100 pt cap and im allowing you to play whilst not at the club so im putting alot of trust on the individuals to honestly record games played
This seems like a great idea. you could possible add in abilities to buy usr's, so for instance you could buy furious charge for 50pts etc. And possibly the ability to buy bonus' to the roll off for first turn/ seizing at the beginning of a game to show better intel on that side
I would avoid going beyond a 3+ inv save as i you have a daemon or monstrous creature with 4 wounds and a 2+ inv save....... Pretty much unkillable unless you are VERY unlucky.
But other than that seems like good stuff.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven