Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Havoc launcher rhinos
[Image: 2885sgy.png]
Smile

Rhinos are so useful. They're aggressively pointed where they are expendable, while providing your dudes protection from literally any weapon. I'm a big fan of rhinos, as they help marines survive and allow you to get on maelstrom objectives much easier. Back in the day, I imagine T4 3+ and a bolter was pretty good, but 40K is so deadly that footslogging marines aren't a huge issue for most armies. That 35 point investment gives you mobility and protection, which is great. I'm usually moving my rhinos 12", maybe doing a little snapshooting, but more often than not just charging forward and grabbing objectives.

With my Chaos list, I go quite MSU with my marines, as I've realized bolter marines don't do much killin'. So better that they run about, score objectives in their metal bawkses and maybe dakka a few smaller targets. Plus any AT shots put into rhinos mean another turn of safety for my other armoured targets. In your list, if someone is shooting at your rhinos, then your Sicaran can carry on doing it's work.

I've started playing around with havoc launchers myself recently. It certainly gives the rhino some utility, and gives them some way of contributing early in the game, but with a havoc launcher they start getting a little expensive I think. I'm still trying out the havocs myself....it's just a shame its a Str5 AP5 blast, puts it in a weird position that there aren't many targets it's really "good" against. They aren't a terrible way to spend points, but if you're strapped those would be the first things I'd take off.

If your tac marines are in rhinos, where's the centurion hiding? Without a transport, he will cop a lot of anti-infantry fire. Is he coming in later from reserve?

Also, are heresy era rhinos special? How come they're 50 points?
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55

Messages In This Thread
Havoc launcher rhinos - by Alpharius - 14-05-2015, 12:12 PM
RE: Havoc launcher rhinos - by Agent0range - 17-05-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: Havoc launcher rhinos - by Alpharius - 18-05-2015, 09:43 AM