Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Eldar?
The wind riders look nasty but 600+ points into a unit is very eggs in one basket. If you can tie them up in combat with something as weak as scarabs you have a chance. Also any hulls av 12 upwards can't be touched although the wraith knights will take care of those easily. Gonna be a super tough army to play against but every rock has it's paper.
I might stop collecting Eldar lol
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
Which unit is 600+ Pts?

10 jetbikes with scatter lasers is only 270 Pts (17PPM and 10 for laser), i expect themto be run in squads of 5 myself with a couple of bigger units.

The main complaint i have seen leveled at the new codex is everything is to cheap.

For example, lets compare WK to Barbed Hierodule-

Wraithknight (295pts) [Two Heavy Wraithcannons] (old stats, bound to be same)
····Rules: Ancient Doom, Fearless
····Profiles:
········Wraithknight: Unit Type:Jump Monstrous Creature|WS:4|BS:4|S:10|T:8|W:6|I:5|A:4|Ld:10|Save:3+
········Heavy Wraithcannon: Range:36"|StrengthBig Grin|AP:2|Type:Assault 1, Distort

Barbed Hierodule (565pts)
····Rules: Agile
····Profiles:
········Barbed Hierodule: Unit Type:Gargantuan creature|WS:4|BS:3|S:10|T:8|W:6|I:3|A:5|Ld:10|Save:3+
········Bio-cannon: Range:48"|Strength:10|AP:3|Type:Assault 6|Apocalypse 2012 p163
········Scything Talons: Range:-|Strength:User|AP:6|Type:Melee|Codex: Tyranids p63

So how exactly is the WK 270 Pts cheaper when it is miles better than a Heirodule?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(20-04-2015, 10:54 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I might stop collecting Eldar lol
Lol, I wouldn't, your list is quite balanced as is. Just avoid adding 4 WK's(and to think people moaned about riptides... ) and 20 scatriders and you'll be fine. Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
(20-04-2015, 11:02 PM)manrogue Wrote: Which unit is 600+ Pts?

Once you start to add farseers into units the points will Sky rocket

(20-04-2015, 11:13 PM)manrogue Wrote:
(20-04-2015, 10:54 PM)jjakaalbinoboy Wrote: I might stop collecting Eldar lol
Lol, I wouldn't, your list is quite balanced as is. Just avoid adding 4 WK's(and to think people moaned about riptides... ) and 20 scatriders and you'll be fine. Tongue

Haha yeah perhaps
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
(21-04-2015, 07:29 AM)Embolden Wrote:
(20-04-2015, 11:02 PM)manrogue Wrote: Which unit is 600+ Pts?

Once you start to add farseers into units the points will Sky rocket
Do you think competitive lists will though?

I'd go something similar to this in a bike spam list -
2 x Jetseer 230ish (not sure if points changed yet)
10 Scatriders 270
5 Scatriders 135
5 Scatriders 135
5 Scatriders 135
5 Scatriders 135
WK 295 W/shield sword load out(with lasers or starcannons, not sure on upgrade price yet though)
Wraith guard w/D-scythe in serpent 325
Around 1650 Pts
Bang the WK upfront to go draw fire and get into combat ASAP, bikes sit back shooting 120 S6 shots from range then jumping out of range/behind cover, serpent flies up field and unloads its WG with D templates at biggest threat. Laugh as it kills anything it looks at with in one round of template dropping.
Just a shame you can't get WG in a falcon for deepstrike.

Obviously people who are used to Eldar etc will be able to list bash better lists, but is still a horrible list to face.
Blood bowl Skaven
There's been a lot of divided opinion being tossed about in the Tyranid Hive - for obvious reasons lots of players are very stroppy about the whole thing. Others will simply wait until it comes out then adapt to it, which seems like the most level headed way to do things.
That WK/Barbie comparison hurts a bit, but I guess the Barbie fills the role of reliable long-range anti-armour that 'nids can't get anywhere else, and as such the cost is massively inflated.
I'm just super happy that Eldar can no longer use Malefic Daemonology - as the concept of Eldar summoning daemons is so anti-fluff that it just screams of WAAC. Never understood why the most anti-Chaos race in the 40K universe was able to summon it.
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
My 30k marines are crying in a corner at how expensive they are compared to this codex. Bringing a wraithknight with D should not be cheaper than a land raider. Maybe equal to a primarch but christ.

Hear my pleas forgeworld.
For me, this is simple:

<1 WK - fair, lets play.

>1 WK - I'll shake your hand and concede.