Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Eldar?
[Image: gallery_79873_10492_40890.jpg]
More i see of the bikes, the more i want them. Nice!
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I'll be buying a Farseer on Jetbike and the codex but that's about it I reckon.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
How do our resident eldar players feel about all the strength D weapons flying around (wraith knight and possible wraithguard). Low for the knight maybe to go against inperial knight titans.
Don't forget the Vauls. Bar the Wraith knight , they are all short range (12" for Wraithguard and 24" for the Vauls).

With the Wraith knight, which will get a price increase and can only fire 2 shots a turn, was previously strength 10 and distort weapons were instant death on a 6 anyway. It just kills vehicles more reliably now and prevents saves on those 6's now.

Personally, i think the sky is falling, its the end of 40K, i'm rage quitting that is going on in all the forums is a joke. Myself and Rob was laughing over it yesterday.

Until the codex is in hand and we know all facts, we can't say how it will change the meta.

Edit - Oh and i'm still not convinced that Wraith knight is a LoW, in the Eldar decurion thing you can take 12 if you wanted and had the points lol.
Blood bowl Skaven
(16-04-2015, 08:27 AM)manrogue Wrote: Don't forget the Vauls. Bar the Wraith knight , they are all short range (12" for Wraithguard and 24" for the Vauls).

With the Wraith knight, which will get a price increase and can only fire 2 shots a turn, was previously strength 10 and distort weapons were instant death on a 6 anyway. It just kills vehicles more reliably now and prevents saves on those 6's now.

Personally, i think the sky is falling, its the end of 40K, i'm rage quitting that is going on in all the forums is a joke. Myself and Rob was laughing over it yesterday.

Until the codex is in hand and we know all facts, we can't say how it will change the meta.

Edit - Oh and i'm still not convinced that Wraith knight is a LoW, in the Eldar decurion thing you can take 12 if you wanted and had the points lol.

Did not know you could take 12. Thats an interesting tibit of info. While i cant comment on codex content i like the decurion style detatchments flying around. Wi der what the bonus will be? Do we know?

And personally i think this is the best time to be a 40k player. So much new stuff.
No idea yet, only whats been in the WD. Proper codex leaks will happen mid week next week when people get early copies. Usually Tuesday evening, Wednesday morning.

Should also find out what the tag at the end of the WD this week is, which was "can you save the galaxy?". My money is on the assasins box game.
Blood bowl Skaven
(16-04-2015, 08:14 AM)Alpharius Wrote: How do our resident eldar players feel about all the strength D weapons flying around (wraith knight and possible wraithguard). Low for the knight maybe to go against inperial knight titans.

D doesn't really change much.. D helps with stuff thats immune to ID and inv saves... but that was never really much of an issue anyway because these weapons have always been STR10 AP2. Vince is right, where the big difference comes is vehicle damage.

Without seeing the codex in full its hard to say what effect it will have.

The Jetbikes have brought a lot of attention.

A lot of the talk makes me laugh, but them it just gets annoying.. I watched a vid on BoLS and the first comment was about GW supposedly making Eldar worse, but then went into a rant about them not.. Undecided I just want to scream THE CODEX IS NOT OUT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited. I don't have many Dire Avengers (20) or Guardians I have 10... so I have a feeling I'm gonna have to buy a box or two of those.

MSU is king, so 3 units of 4-5 Jetbikes with Scatter Lasers or even Shuriken Cannons (Bladestorm is awesome)

40 Scatter Laser shots will kill about 8 marines
30 shuriken cannon shots will kill about 8 marines, but are much better against 2+ saves.

The cry of cheese just compels me more Angel

The Scatrider commotion has calmed down a bit on the major forums, still moaning about D though.

Honestly, i don't see it being a major issue, Imperial knights was supposed to be unstoppable, how may tournaments have they won? None? Oh right lol.

Range D can be horrendous, but when it is at short range of 12" or so it not hard to game manage. The Wraith knight will be the harder one to play due to longer range and movement speed, but even then it can only fire 2 D shots a turn, and the chance of hitting and rolling a 6 on D weapon table with both shots is 0.22. It will probably cost around 400 Pts as well.
Blood bowl Skaven
The Eldar decurion-
[Image: eldar15-008.jpg]
Interesting bit is that Eldar may be a able to multi vehicle squadrons of prisms, spinners and falcons from that bottom pic.
Blood bowl Skaven
Is the intention that this replaces the current Eldar codex or is an option instead?
Warhammer 40K (Astra Militarum & CSM/1KSons/Daemons) | AoS (Daemons of Chaos) | Dropfleet Commander (UCM) 
Models painted in 2017: 74
Models painted in 2018: 45
Models painted in 2019: 55