Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Eldar?
Do necrons get re animation protocols vs d weapons?
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
(23-04-2015, 08:35 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: Do necrons get re animation protocols vs d weapons?

Nope, its remove from play no saves inv or otherwise.

That's on a 6 only though,2-5 still gets saves as normal.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
Remember no ranged d weapons at war of the roses or cally rob!
(23-04-2015, 11:35 PM)Nick1988 Wrote: Remember no ranged d weapons at war of the roses or cally rob!

Its old codex at War of the Roses. List submission in a few days mate.

I'm thinking Tim will update the rulepack to whatever the ETC rules.. so we'll see about cally.

For War of Roses I'm thinking:

Farseer - Jetbike - 115
Farseer - Jetbike, Spiritstone, Mantle - 170

5 Dire Avengers - Wave Serpent - Scatter Lasers, Ghostwalk, Shuriken Cannon - 205
5 Dire Avengers - Wave Serpent - Scatter Lasers, Ghostwalk - 195
5 Dire Avengers - Wave Serpent - Scatter Lasers, Ghostwalk - 195
3 Jetbikes - 51
3 Jetbikes - 51

Crimson Hunter - Exarch - 180
6 Swooping Hawks - 96

Wraithknight - 240
Wraithknight - 240
2 D-Cannons - 110

1848Cool

What's the codex like then guys? As super overpowered and cheap as expected? Haha
From batreps I've seen (all casual, mind) - it's already bringing up some interesting, fluffy lists. Which are all really, really good :-P
Players that were already beating them appear to be continuing to beat them, albeit with some different tactics and unit priority. Those that weren't are struggling even more.
It's a really great, probably undercosted 'dex - but it's definitely not an unbeatable cheesefest. The competitive scene may well say otherwise, but that's what I've seen at current club-level meta.
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
I think it's pretty good.
  • Seems ok, pretty much the same as the last one really.
  • Banshee masks don't cause a penalty to initiative on the charge now but you can't overwatch them when they charge now and cause fear.
  • D weapons are bat-sh*t crazy though.
  • Holo-fields having an invul instead of cover save is better I think.
  • Got rid of the crappy death mission psychic power and made Eldritch storm better, either WC3 24" S3 AP3 Assault 1, Large blast, Fleshbane, Haywire, Pinning or WC4 24" S3 AP3 Assault 1, Apoc. blast, Fleshbane, Haywire, Pinning....
  • Made easier with a spirit stone of Anath'Lan and the new Farseer rule that means you can re-roll any dice from a psychic test or deny the witch once per phase.
  • Guardian weapon platforms are now relentless which combined with Battle focus means Guardians can move, run, shoot heavy weapons which is cool but now a guardian cannot shoot his catapult when firing the platform.
  • Other than all the D weapons I actually think this book is more balanced than the last one
  • Crimson hunters are cheaper now
  • The main nerfs I've spotted are wave serpents and scatter lasers
  • Seer councils look fun combined with the eldritch storm spell
  • There are 8 formations and 2 lords of war. Also wraithknights are ridiculous.
Dropfleet Commander: UCM
Dropzone Commander: UCM
Star Wars X-Wing: Rebel Alliance
Magic the Gathering
LotR SBG: High Elves
Warhammer 40,000 7th ed.: Astra Militarum & Eldar
Halo Fleet Battles: Covenant
BFG: Imperial Navy & Eldar Corsairs
Warhammer Fantasy 8th ed.: Warriors of Chaos

Element Games referral code JAS173.
It may still be full of memes and grammatical errors, but I think this BoLS article sums it up rather well http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/04/g...lling.html
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
In the competitive scene we have to see what happens with rulings and how they go at the first tournament.

Its certainly not the sky is falling but a already top tier codex had got a lot of buffs with hardly any nerfs so i expect it to do well lol. But it won't be unbeatable, probably shake the meta up a lot.

The three stand out units in my opinion are Wraithguard (either gun), Wraithknight, and Jetbikes. A few shenanigans with Wraith guard that can be done by taking DE as allies/another CAD.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven