Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
making Terrain
(04-07-2011, 10:37 PM)manrogue Wrote: Will update it again tomorrow after it has all dried out and is ready for painting Smile

Cool, thanks.
McDonalds Chicken Nuggets.

Warhammer Fantasy (Orcs and Goblins)
Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Warmachine (Protectorate of Menoth)
Bushido (Prefecture of Ryu)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Almost finished it, just one picture to add!
Any ideas on what people would like next seeing as i'm on a roll, may well do some more. Hills(easy as anything)? Fences? Hedges? Walls?(all easy) Rivers (easy ish bar the water effect)? Anything else you can think of?
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
I'd love a tut on hill making, as I'm taking it that it'd just be out of polystyrene, then carved into a hill, but it would be interesting to see how you carve it, and whether or not you use a hot-wire cutter.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Have some pink foam on the way with some hot wire cutters, so will do a hill tutorial next then.
I used to just use a modelling knife to shape them, though that will only work on builders foam in general, tends tear normal polystrene quite bad unless you have a constantly sharp knife.
Blood bowl Skaven
So had a little play with my hotwire cutter today as my pink foam turned up, was thinking of doing a stepped hill and a couple of single layer hills.
Below is a rough cut of the size of single layered hill i was thinking of, whats thoughts on size? (put a new edition terminator on there for size comparison)
[Image: IMG_0277.jpg]
Blood bowl Skaven
Hehe, I've just finished the building stage of a piece of scenery, following the tut that Vince put on. And also (don't know if it's a bit late now but, Big Grin) those hill sizes look picture perfect. At GamesDay last year, one of the guys there told us that they spent hours and hours trying to find the perfect angle on the hill to which the models would not fall down backwards. They didn't tell us it, though Big Grin.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
Yeah, it was a pain trying to get the angle right. Just for experimentation purposes i have done a hill that is angled so models shouldn't slip and a stepped hill. Will show you them tomorrow night. Curious to know how your terrain piece turns out now, you'll have to post a picture when it is done!
Blood bowl Skaven
Aaargh! My fingers are plastered (well and truely) in the PVA-Sand-Water mix! I've washed them, and took a look at my masterpiece. I'm well chuffed. It's a bit rubble-heavy, and I'll have it painted by tomorrow, just got to wait for the mix to dry overnight, spray it, then drybrush it a grey colour, with a couple of highlights. A big thanks to Vince for posting this great tut Big Grin.

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)
No worries, glad i could be of help! just make sure you give the sand a poke tomorrow to make sure its dry, nothing more annoying than a piece coming loose while your dry brushing it!
Blood bowl Skaven
Yeah, gonna spray it and paint it ready for tonight. I've noticed that the sand mix that I used had a fair amount more rocks in than I expected, so it looks very rubbly. It looks like it's just been bombed by a daisy cutter (BLU-82), or something of the sort!

Warhammer 40,000 (Orks)
Infinity (Yu-Jing)
Warpath (ForgeFathers)
Cutlass! (Undead)