Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'What Will Win' Games
Afternoon all - thought I'd gauge interest in me putting together some fun games to run alongside the Escalation League - all about playing on the inherent imbalances within 40K rather than addressing them. I'd like to run two types of game - one simply a 'Who will win' in the vein of some of the MWG videos - getting two LoWs, big MCs, Vehicles or Characters of similar points and having them solo each other - just to see what will win. Warhound vs Harridan, Abaddon vs Lysander etc... Just some silly fun that I'd write up batreps for. We'd easily get 3 or 4 of these going at a time on a 6x4 table and probably do a best of 3 for each, and it could be a laugh.
The second type of game I'd like to do is fairly similar - except that rather than a similarly costed equivalent unit, the opponent has to build out a unit or two specifically for taking down the challenger. I have Mortarion, a Harridan and a Typhon to offer up - then you'd take the points value and try to put together a small army specifically for killing it, just to see what happens.
Let me know if anybody's interested and I'll get something organised :-)
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
(05-03-2015, 02:12 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote: Afternoon all - thought I'd gauge interest in me putting together some fun games to run alongside the Escalation League - all about playing on the inherent imbalances within 40K rather than addressing them. I'd like to run two types of game - one simply a 'Who will win' in the vein of some of the MWG videos - getting two LoWs, big MCs, Vehicles or Characters of similar points and having them solo each other - just to see what will win. Warhound vs Harridan, Abaddon vs Lysander etc... Just some silly fun that I'd write up batreps for. We'd easily get 3 or 4 of these going at a time on a 6x4 table and probably do a best of 3 for each, and it could be a laugh.
The second type of game I'd like to do is fairly similar - except that rather than a similarly costed equivalent unit, the opponent has to build out a unit or two specifically for taking down the challenger. I have Mortarion, a Harridan and a Typhon to offer up - then you'd take the points value and try to put together a small army specifically for killing it, just to see what happens.
Let me know if anybody's interested and I'll get something organised :-)

Sounds awsome. Would love to run some 30k stuff at your nids and chaos which j think would be cool. Painting up some fw minis but it definately wouldnt be wysiwyg at all. Let me know what you think?
The Escalation book (the expansion not the campaign) has a mission type where you have one super-heavy/lord of war and your opponent has that models points total plus 1000pts.
For the Angelic Horde!
Sounds good to me!

I had seen that - I'd skip the extra 1000 points though and make it a challenge!
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
I dunno. 1 knight (give or take 350 pts) vs 350 of "normal" troops. My thrones are on the titan.
For the Angelic Horde!
I'd restrict it to 500 points + straight off the bat - Knights are a bit cheap for single combat. The idea would be to build a small task force with the express purpose of killing that one thing - I'd say anything less than 500 points won't provide enough things on the table for the single SH to have to prioritise targets. So my Harridan vs. 750 odd points of stuff kitted out specifically to bring down flyers, etc. I will impose some restrictions and point boons - bonus points if the SH has D weapons etc. I'll put together some kind of brief.
Project Log
(15-03-2015, 09:23 PM)Baalborn87 Wrote: I dunno. 1 knight (give or take 350 pts) vs 350 of "normal" troops. My thrones are on the titan.

For 350 points i can take a s10 ap1 ordanance 2 tank AND a 6 shot rending tank both with melta immune. Bring on the knights.
(16-03-2015, 07:28 AM)Alpharius Wrote:
(15-03-2015, 09:23 PM)Baalborn87 Wrote: I dunno. 1 knight (give or take 350 pts) vs 350 of "normal" troops. My thrones are on the titan.

For 350 points i can take a s10 ap1 ordanance 2 tank AND a 6 shot rending tank both with melta immune. Bring on the knights.

This is what I was after - stuff tailored for killing the challenger.
Project Log
(16-03-2015, 01:52 PM)Dedwoods42 Wrote:
(16-03-2015, 07:28 AM)Alpharius Wrote:

This is what I was after - stuff tailored for killing the challenger.

Sicaran venayor and sicaran respectively. I think it would be good to do something like this. And to see how many guardsmen it takes to kill a bloodthirster or deamon prince of khorne?
Exactly stuff like that. Just for fun and to see how the in-game results compare with the mathshammer.
Project Log