Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dedwoods' Pile of Shame
Evening Ladies and Gents.

I thought I'd get a project log on the go - it may even keep me motivated to finish stuff...

Finished since log began: Neurothrope, two Mucolid spores, the Spawn of Cryptus, a Flyrant, 10 Gargoyles, a Biovore, 6 Ripper swarms, 12 Spore Mines, 2 Tyrannocytes, a Malanthrope and the Dimachaeron.

What's in progress: (IE, at least sub-assembled and primed)
30K - Deathshroud Terminators, Mortarion, a Typhon HST.
CSM - Vrosh Tattersoul, 10 DV Chosen, approx. 20 Plague Zombies, approx. 20 Cultists, a Kranon the Relentless (I already have one so he'll probably be donated for a Lord on Juggernaut conversion), a DV Helbrute, a squad of Plague Marines (3 finished, 4 remaining), a squad of Noise Marines, a Rhino for the Noise Marines (75% done), An Obliterator, Arhiman, Necrosius, a PF/LC Chaos Lord, some Khorne Berserkers (re-work), plenty of basing across the army.
Tyranids - A Venomthrope, Winged Tyrant #2 (90% done), 2 Zoanthropes (pretty close to done), 3 Warriors, the Children of Cryptus, a Tyrannofex, an Exocrine, a Hive Crone and a Mawloc.

What's in boxes:
Tyranids - 40 Hormagaunts, 40 Termagants, a Carnifex.
CSM - Khârn, Abaddon, a Dark Apostle, a Defiler.
30k - A Spartan, a Primus Medicae.

What's in the post:
Tyranids - Harridan (Maybe...) and a Barbed Heirodule.
CSM - Nowt. Looking at refreshing the entire army for Daemonkin next month though.
30K - Nowt. Soon to be picking up a few more Primus Medicae bits.
Hopefully this will be updated regularly - especially in preparation for the Escalation League. Pictures upon completion!

Currently on the tray - the Venomthrope and Tyrannofex for the next round of Escalation!
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
Work in Progress pics are always nice as well Dan, nice way of tracking how long you have left painting. Smile
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(29-01-2015, 07:37 PM)manrogue Wrote: Work in Progress pics are always nice as well Dan, nice way of tracking how long you have left painting. Smile

Will get some up tomorrow - intend to start basing some 'Nids and finish off the first Flyrant so will grab photos of what's in the queue Big Grin
40K - Tyranids (4500 Points) & Chaos - The Purge and the Brazen Host (8500 Points)
30K - Death Guard (2000ish Points), Sons of Horus (175 Points because Loken) + World Eaters, soon.
Project Log
"Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabid dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness."
So! Progress. Whilst spamming through some Game Of Thrones in order to get caught up - I've got some painting done. The Flyrant is being held off for the time being - as I'd like to get some small stuff done first.

Mucolid #1 - needs basing, then a hit of Purity Seal, then some 'ardcoat on the 'brain'. Otherwise finished.
[Image: IMG_20150203_015242.jpg]

Neurothrope - will act as a Zoanthrope when I'm only using one, as I think the model is awesome. Needs basing, Purity Seal then 'ardcoat on the carapace and 'brain'. Otherwise finished.
[Image: IMG_20150203_015304.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150203_015315.jpg]

Over the weekend I also managed to get all 10 Gargoyles sub-assembled and cleaned up ready for priming. Wings on bodies, heads and arms separate to make painting easier.
[Image: IMG_20150130_213354.jpg]

Next update *should* see some basing done, and the two Zoanthropes having some more paint on them!
Project Log
Progress! Finished the Neurothrope and a Mucolid spore. My first attempt at 'proper' basing (I.E. Not just glueing hastily spray painted gravel around the model) and I'm pretty happy with the results.
Neurothrope:
[Image: IMG_20150206_003352.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150206_003414.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150206_003432.jpg]

Mucolid:
[Image: IMG_20150206_003522.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150206_003513.jpg]
Project Log
Nice, i like the contrast of colours!
Blood bowl Skaven
(06-02-2015, 10:53 AM)manrogue Wrote: Nice, i like the contrast of colours!

Cheers! Big Grin My Chaos are very subdued with bright red bases and vivid details - so I thought it would be a nice change to do the opposite contrast. Bright, colourful gribblies and dark, subdued basing.
Project Log
The Spawn of Cryptus. Done.
A really cracking plastic kit, a pleasure to paint.
[Image: IMG_20150208_210959.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150208_210946.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20150208_210934.jpg]

The weekend will see at least one Flyrant done and some batch work on the gargoyles commence.
Project Log
Nice progress then!

I really need to finish my tacs tonight as have lad at the weekend, so painting will come to a standstill! Inspired me to get an update on my thread done! Tongue
Blood bowl Skaven
(12-02-2015, 03:03 PM)manrogue Wrote: Nice progress then!

I really need to finish my tacs tonight as have lad at the weekend, so painting will come to a standstill! Inspired me to get an update on my thread done! Tongue

Just a bit! Getting into a better routine now, making more consistent progress than I ever have with my Chaos. I figure that once my list commitment for the Escalation League is complete I'll probably start working on my Death Guard as a side project. Time to learn to weathering...

Haha, sweet! I'll be keeping an eye on :-P
Project Log