Poll: Would you feel comfortable playing against a 30k forgeworld army. if i ran through rules and stats ect.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, would be happy to play in both escalation campaign and normal nights
85.71%
6 85.71%
Yes, but not for the campaign
14.29%
1 14.29%
Forgeworld is always OP, no way
0%
0 0%
Would have to have a good long look at the rules first
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Alpha legion has infiltrated this forum - Please remain calm
I'm actually planning on putting together a 30k force. Although it might be a bit later in the year. Consider my interest piqued.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
It was such a good turnout last night that I didn't even see the new face...Blush

Welcome to Redwarsoc...

Cool
History is written by the victors - Sir Winston Churchill
(28-01-2015, 02:00 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: I don't know much about the 30K armies other then they can stack more special weapons more cost efficiently and in greater numbers then normal marines, pay a bit more for the initial squad, but then less for additions making large units cost efficient and they can pick army wide buffs from a large range of upgrades for free.

I dunno these seem like win wins for the 30K units :S

Come find me on the 9th (tuesday after next whatever that is). i will have my rule book aswell as codex space marines and you can compare if you so wish.

Put it this way. For 1000 points i can put 32 infantry bases on the table. 4 of those are gunners for heresy era version of thunderfires. Thats 2 ten man tactical squads, 1 heavy weapon squad with missle launchers (5 and 5) and my hq. Plus a whirlwind.
(28-01-2015, 04:28 PM)Alpharius Wrote:
(28-01-2015, 02:00 PM)aprilmanha Wrote: I don't know much about the 30K armies other then they can stack more special weapons more cost efficiently and in greater numbers then normal marines, pay a bit more for the initial squad, but then less for additions making large units cost efficient and they can pick army wide buffs from a large range of upgrades for free.

I dunno these seem like win wins for the 30K units :S

Come find me on the 9th (tuesday after next whatever that is). i will have my rule book aswell as codex space marines and you can compare if you so wish.

Put it this way. For 1000 points i can put 32 infantry bases on the table. 4 of those are gunners for heresy era version of thunderfires. Thats 2 ten man tactical squads, 1 heavy weapon squad with missle launchers (5 and 5) and my hq. Plus a whirlwind.

Charlie there are a few differences. 30k era Marines loose and they shall know no fear. They cost more per marine than standard, but by taking larger numbers of them you then start to save points. Another key thing is that their equipment is fairly inflexible. Tactical squad equivalents have Bolters or Bolt Pistol / CCW. No special or heavy weapon option. Those come in seperate squads, but all members have to have the same weapon, so unlike Devistators who can be equipped to fulfil various roles, you get 5 of the same weapon.

However the main thing is that they have been designed even more so, than regular 40k, to tell a story and play in a campaign based structure.
Star Wars Legion - Rebels
Guildball - Alchemists
Blood Bowl - Lizardmen
I wouldn't mind a look at the rules, was great meeting you last night but was rather distracted with my game. 30k has piqued my interest but don't fully understand it yet.
Salamanders 6000pts
Grey knights 1000pts
Into the fires of battle unto the anvil of war!
Quote:+++ AL (whirl + rapier) thud (1000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1000pts) ++

+ HQ (95pts) +

Legion Centurion (95pts) [Power Armour]
····Rules: Consul, Independent Character, Legiones Astartes
····Consul (45pts) [Siege Breaker (45pts)]
········Rules: Art of Destruction
····Profiles:
········Siege Breaker: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:5|BS:5|S:4|T:4|W:2|I:5|A:3|LD:9|Save:3+|HH:LACAL p17
········Nuncio-vox: Description:Units arriving via Deep Strike within 6" of a Nuncio-vox do not scatter. When barrage weapons are used by the controlling player, line of sight may be drawn from any model equipped with a Nuncio-vox as well as the firing model itself. Range is still drawn from the firing model. It may not be used inside a vehicle. |HH:LACAL p91

+ Troops (390pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (195pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts), Legion Vexilla (10pts), Nuncio-Vox (10pts), Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade (20pts)]
····Rules: Fury of the Legion, Legiones Astartes
····Legion Tactical Sergeant (5pts) [Melta Bombs (5pts)]
····Profiles:
········Legion Sergeant: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:4|BS:4|S:4|T:4|W:1|I:4|A:2|LD:9|Save:3+|HH:LACAL p202
········Legion Space Marine: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:4|BS:4|S:4|T:4|W:1|I:4|A:1|LD:8|Save:3+|HH:LACAL p202
········Legion Vexilla: Description:A unit with a Legion Vexilla may re-roll failed Morale tests. |HH:LACAL p90
········Nuncio-vox: Description:Units arriving via Deep Strike within 6" of a Nuncio-vox do not scatter. When barrage weapons are used by the controlling player, line of sight may be drawn from any model equipped with a Nuncio-vox as well as the firing model itself. Range is still drawn from the firing model. It may not be used inside a vehicle. |HH:LACAL p91

Legion Tactical Squad (195pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts), Legion Vexilla (10pts), Nuncio-Vox (10pts), Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade (20pts)]
····Rules: Fury of the Legion, Legiones Astartes
····Legion Tactical Sergeant (5pts) [Melta Bombs (5pts)]
····Profiles:
········Legion Sergeant: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:4|BS:4|S:4|T:4|W:1|I:4|A:2|LD:9|Save:3+|HH:LACAL p202
········Legion Space Marine: Unit Type:Infantry|WS:4|BS:4|S:4|T:4|W:1|I:4|A:1|LD:8|Save:3+|HH:LACAL p202
········Legion Vexilla: Description:A unit with a Legion Vexilla may re-roll failed Morale tests. |HH:LACAL p90

+ Elites (240pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (120pts)
····Legion Apothecary (60pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Augury Scanner (5pts)]
········Rules: Legiones Astartes
····Legion Apothecary (60pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Augury Scanner (5pts)]
········Rules: Legiones Astartes
····Profiles:
········Legion Apothecary: Unit Type:Infantry (Character)|WS:4|BS:4|S:4|T:4|W:1|I:4|A:1|LD:8|Save:3+|HH:LACAL p24
········Augury Scanner: Description:Models cannot be deployed using the Infiltrate special rule within 18" of an Augury Scanner. A unit carrying an Augury Scanner gains the Interceptor rule against enemy units deploying via Deep Strike within 18"|HH:LACAL p88
········Narthecium: Description:

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (120pts)
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (60pts) [Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun') (20pts)]
········Rules: Extremely Bulky, Legiones Astartes, Shell Shock
····Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (60pts) [Quad Mortar ('Thud Gun') (20pts)]
········Rules: Extremely Bulky, Legiones Astartes, Shell Shock
····Profiles:
········Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (Rapier Carrier): Unit Type:Artillery|WS:-|BS:-|S:-|T:7|W:2|I:-|A:-|LD:-|Save:3+|HH:LACAL p27
········Legion Rapier Weapons Battery (Space Marine Crew): Unit Type:Infantry|WS:4|BS:4|S:4|T:4|W:1|I:4|A:1|LD:8|Save:3+|HH:LACAL p27
········Quad Mortar: Range:12" - 60"|Strength:5|AP:5|Type:Heavy 4, Barrage, Blast, Shell Shock|HH:LACAL p83

+ Heavy Support (275pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (160pts) [Legion Sergeant, 4x Legion Space Marines (80pts), Missile Launchers (25pts)]
····Rules: Legiones Astartes
····Profiles:

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius (115pts)
····Rules: Rocket Barrage
····Profiles:
········Legion Whirlwind Scorpius: BS:4|Front:13|Side:12|Rear:10|HP:3|Type:Tank|HH:LACAL p64
········Scorpius Multi-launcher: Range:48"|Strength:8|AP:3|Type:Heavy 1, Barrage, Blast, Rocket Barrage|HH:LACAL p64

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XX: Alpha Legion]

++ Selection Rules ++

Art of Destruction: Siege Breaker has the Tank Hunter and Wrecker Special Rules applied to his attacks and confers these rules to the heavy weapon shooting attacks of any infantry unit he joins. (HH1: Betrayal p191)
Consul: (HH:LACAL p16)
Extremely Bulky
Fury of the Legion: (HH:LACAL p30)
Independent Character
Legiones Astartes: - Units with this special rules may always attempt to regroup regardless of casualties.
- Additional rules conferred by Legiones Astartes (____) (HH:LACAL p80)
Rocket Barrage: In a turn in which the vehicle has not moved, increase rate of fire to Heavy 1+D3. (HH:LACAL p64)
Shell Shock: Pinning tests taken because of a weapon with this special rule suffer a -1 Leadership penalty. (HH:LACAL p83)

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

This is my target for a 1000 point force which i have had planned for a while. Just to let people see what i would be bringing.

The Legiones Astartes (Alpha Legion) rules allow me to pick (at the same time as a warlord trait) one of the following rules:

Infiltrate, scout, move through cover, counter attack, tank hunters and adamantium will.

If however i suffer more units destroyed my enemy gains a victory point.

My marines lack ATSKNF so they can run and keep running.

A few points about the army :-
Fury of the legion - Allow you to shoot twice with any bolt weapon (stacks with rapid fire)
Thudd Gun - shell shock - hasn't been FAQ'd yet but was meant for 6th edition where all barrage weapons caused pinning. Hence -1 ld from shooting attacks for pinning checks.

Any questions drop them here.

Hydra Dominatus
(28-01-2015, 05:27 PM)Gareth Wrote: Charlie there are a few differences. 30k era Marines loose and they shall know no fear. They cost more per marine than standard, but by taking larger numbers of them you then start to save points. Another key thing is that their equipment is fairly inflexible. Tactical squad equivalents have Bolters or Bolt Pistol / CCW. No special or heavy weapon option. Those come in seperate squads, but all members have to have the same weapon, so unlike Devistators who can be equipped to fulfil various roles, you get 5 of the same weapon.

However the main thing is that they have been designed even more so, than regular 40k, to tell a story and play in a campaign based structure.

Thats not bad then Tongue
I would never mix a squads guns, it just kinda makes them not very good at anything, rather then good at a job Big Grin
W40K: Blood Ravens / Orks / Inquisitor / Imperial Guard
Warhammer: Dwarfs
Warmachine: Protectorate of Menoth / Khador / Cygar / Circle
Malifaux: Started Neverborn and Outcasts