Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vengeance Weapon Battery
(09-03-2015, 03:22 PM)jaqenhgar Wrote: So is the vengeance battery a building and if so what is its armour value?

Terrain Type; Impassable Building (Armour Value 14)
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
If we are going to house rule it then personally I would say the building needs to be occupied in order to control an objective. Being able to purchase two AV14 buildings that can sit on two objectives for 150pts seems a bit OP.
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
For completeness sake, its profile is as follows-
Quote:Composition: 1 Vengeance Weapon Battery. If an additional Vengeance Weapon Battery is purchased (see
below), each is deployed as a separate fortification.
Terrain Type: Impassable Building (Armour Value 14).
Access Points & Fire Points: None.
Weapons: One emplaced punisher gatling cannon.
Special Rules:
Sentry Defence System: A building with this special rule can use automated fire against enemy units, even if it
is unoccupied. In addition, enemy units can shoot at and charge a building with this special rule, even if it is
unoccupied.
Options:
• May add one additional Vengeance Weapon Battery....75 pts
• May replace any punisher gatling cannon with:
- Battle cannon....10 pts/model
- Quad Icarus lascannon....free
• Each Vengeance Weapon Battery may take items from the Obstacles list.
For Hull points, i'd say it is a small building, so by rulebook 3 HPs? Everyone else agree?

Also in seventh, that section on victory conditions isn't there so they can score, but also count for first blood, linebreaker etc.
40k- Space marines(5000 pts) Imperial guard (3000 pts) Tau (3000 pts)
Epic 40k-Space marines/Imperial Guard(2000 pts)
Infinity Yu jing (Aprox 1000 pts)
Necromunda Escher Mad capsules Avalanche
Blood bowl Skaven
(09-03-2015, 04:20 PM)manrogue Wrote: For completeness sake, its profile is as follows-
Quote:Composition: 1 Vengeance Weapon Battery. If an additional Vengeance Weapon Battery is purchased (see
below), each is deployed as a separate fortification.
Terrain Type: Impassable Building (Armour Value 14).
Access Points & Fire Points: None.
Weapons: One emplaced punisher gatling cannon.
Special Rules:
Sentry Defence System: A building with this special rule can use automated fire against enemy units, even if it
is unoccupied. In addition, enemy units can shoot at and charge a building with this special rule, even if it is
unoccupied.
Options:
• May add one additional Vengeance Weapon Battery....75 pts
• May replace any punisher gatling cannon with:
- Battle cannon....10 pts/model
- Quad Icarus lascannon....free
• Each Vengeance Weapon Battery may take items from the Obstacles list.
For Hull points, i'd say it is a small building, so by rulebook 3 HPs? Everyone else agree?

Also in seventh, that section on victory conditions isn't there so they can score, but also count for first blood, linebreaker etc.

Happy to use these rules - So for ease I can treat them as an imobile vehicle.
Tyranids - They are coming! I feel then scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices.

40k Adepta Sororitas, Imperial Knights & Tyranids
Blood Bowl Norse - Valhalla Vengeance
Flames of War US 101st Airborne
EPIC AMTL & Black Legion
Warmaster Skaven
Bolt Action US 101st Screaming Eagles
DropZone Resistance
Yeah, the rulebook tells you on page 110 to treat as immobile vehicle unless specified. So tank hunters, melta, lance all effect buildings.
Blood bowl Skaven
Oooh interesting, so a bastion for 70odd pts can sit on an objective scoring points in Maelstrom/end if game etc. lol

Also as you place fortifications after deployment zones and objectives, they can just be plonked on top so enemy units cannot get to them unless they within 3"

Infact.. Bastions and most fortifications are so big that they could contest 2 objectives..

I guess sort of makes sense as if there is an enemy bastion you are assaulting, you have failed your objective if you fail to either destroy or seize it!
40K - Dark Angels, Dark Eldar, Necrons; Lord of the Rings - lots; Bloodbowl - Dwarves, Wood Elves; SAGA - Anglo Danes & Welsh; Guildball - Morticians, Engineers; Dropzone/fleet - Shaltari
I thought you was limited to only being able to score/contest one objective per unit?
Also page 134 it says you can't place objectives in buildings, and clarifies that claimed buildings score. It also confirms the above lol
Blood bowl Skaven
The idea is that you can but the Bastion/Whatever between two objectives, and then score one, if that gets contest/scored, claim the other one. Should have made that more clear.

But if the enemy are to claim the building, then you have that going against you.